1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Mrmc crashes

Introduce yourself here
jodomofo

Mrmc crashes

Post by jodomofo »

Hello to alI.

I'm new using Mrmc, migrating from Kodi. I have installed the app and I like it very much, but I have a problem. Once installed, the app ask to install amazon app store.

Amazon app store is not in play store for android tv. I have installed other vertion. Once installed, Mrmc runs very well, but when I launch the app, after a couple of minutes, mcmr crashes. A message appear saying "an unknown error occurred connecting to amazon appstore".

I have android tv vertion 9. MRMC is the paid vertion.

Please help.
[email protected]
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Mrmc crashes

Post by amet »

So which version are you running? Amazon or google play store one?

Let’s see the debuglog if you cable get to it
jodomofo

Post by jodomofo »

Hello. Thanks for answer me !

Im running:
[*] Android TV 9.
[*] Mrmc 3.9-2
[*] Amazon Appstore 32.52.0000

Like shown in the next 3 figures.

Mrmc is from google play store.
Amazon is a version from the web, because amazon appstore in not in playstore for android tv, just for adroid cellphones.

Again i will explain what happen.

1) i installed Mrmc from google playstore for android tv

2) once installed, Mrmc required to install amazon appstore to run.

3) amazon appstore is not in google playstore for android tv

4) i search an amazon appstore version 32.52.0000 on internet, on the web, and install in my tv.

5) after the installation, Mrmc run very well, and i love it.

6) But a couple of minutes, Mrmc present this message: "an unknown error occurred connecting to amazon appstore", and then closes.

7) i don't know how to access to log file, but i have uploaded the debuglog using Mrmc option. The name of the file is JFG5F.log

I hope you can help me.
jodomofo
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Well, we do not require the Amazon appstore in any way, and we definitely not ask for it.

On which store did you bought MrMC? Google?
On both, we are at 3.9.6, so not sure why you still have 3.9.2...
jodomofo

Post by jodomofo »

I bought MrMC on Playstore from Google

I have uninstalled and intalled again.

But now it shows me that message saying "Cannot download Mrmc. Please try again and if it still doesn't work, check the most common ways to solve this problem. https://support.google.com/googleplay/

I have try everything, but i cannot get Mrmc installed again. Please help me bro !
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Let me understand.

You have an Android TV, and you installed some old version of MrMC on it (not saying how or from where), then something about having to install Amazon app store.

Something smells funny here. Details please.
jodomofo

Post by jodomofo »

Yes I have an Android TV
Yes I installed MrMC on it (I say: from Google Play Store. As I know Is the only place I can do it, it'sn it?), (then something about having to install Amazon app store.... As you see in the pictures).

Something smells funny here....
I don't know what it is funny?.... I have spend my money in buying your program. And I have already say it is a good one. The minimum you can do is to help somebody that spend money in your program.

Details please.
[email protected] is my email account. I suppose you can verify I have made a purchase from your program.

So... What's next?
Juan Martínez.
[email protected].
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Sorry, there is no way we can verify that any person has purchased MrMC for apple, google play or amazon. The various stores have consumer privacy rules in place that prevents identifying personal details of any purchaser.

What's next is to provide details :) We are not sitting beside you, so we can't see what you have done or are doing.

If you have an Android TV, then your store is Google Play Store. Period. Not Amazon, not Apple.

So remove your Amazon app store hack. Remove MrMC. Install MrMC from Google Play Store. If it's not list there, then your Android TV is incompatible with MrMC. Contact Google Play for a refund. Only they can do it, we are not involved with refunds and have no ability to request one for any person.

Google Play Store is notorious for listing apps as available but incompatible after install on the actual device. Nothing we can do about that, we set the submission flags that list the requirements. Google Play Store ignores some flags. Again, nothing we can do about it, complain to Google Play and ask for a refund.

The current MrMC version on Google Play is 3.9.6. Same for all the other app stores.
jodomofo

Post by jodomofo »

Thanks again for the reply.

Sorry, there is no way we can verify that any person has purchased MrMC for apple, google play or Amazon.......
OK, I understand.

We are not sitting beside you, so we can't see what you have done or are doing....
You are right.

If you have an Android TV, then your store is Google Play Store........
Is Google play store. I have bought mrmc from there.

So remove your Amazon app store hack. Remove MrMC. Install MrMC from Google Play Store...........
I did. But the same message. Not let me installing again.

Contact Google Play for a refund...........
I don't want a refund. I like your program. Is much better than Kodi.... In much ways. The only thing I want is to have installed in my android tv.

Google Play Store is notorious for listing apps as available but incompatible after install on the actual device.........
Didn't know that.

Thanks again.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jodomofo wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 18:50 So remove your Amazon app store hack. Remove MrMC. Install MrMC from Google Play Store...........
I did. But the same message. Not let me installing again.
Your Android TV is has been poisoned by installing the Amazon app store stuff. You need to cleanse it. I'm sure there is some option to re-install/revert the Android TV OS.