1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Live TV + OSD = problems

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
cosmoxl

Live TV + OSD = problems

Post by cosmoxl »

Does anybody else see a problem where when watching live TV via one of the available addons that bringing up the OSD makes the video go into slow motion, throwing off the audio/video sync?

It wasn't this way in the past and I don't really know when it got to be so bad. I think it may have to do with the OS upgrade from several months ago now. I'm just hoping I'm not the only one and that something can be done to fix it. Thanks.
cosmoxl

Re: Live TV + OSD = problems

Post by cosmoxl »

Hello?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

no issues on Apple tv/iOS... but I suspect thats not the answer you were looking for.

I could test it on the older shield tomorrow if that helps?
vagabund

Post by vagabund »

No problem with ATV :?: Sorry, but the exact same issue with ATV4K. If I activate the OSD info, the sound is OK but the video slows down and stutter
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5227
TV: Sony BRAVIA-KDL-50W805B | SB: Bose Soundbar 500 | RC: Logitech Harmony Companion | Player: Apple Tv 4k | TV-Server: Raspbian - HTS Tvheadend 4.2.8-34
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

vagabund wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 17:54 No problem with ATV :?: Sorry, but the exact same issue with ATV4K. If I activate the OSD info, the sound is OK but the video slows down and stutter
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5227
ah, I don't use my ATV4k much for live TV so I guess I didn't notice that.

Good news then. Maybe this problem will gain more traction to get fixed.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

I just uploaded a log. It seems it doesn't have to do with interlaced material as it does it even on progressive material.

Log is LRP6Y
vagabund

Post by vagabund »

Log ALBJX
TV: Sony BRAVIA-KDL-50W805B | SB: Bose Soundbar 500 | RC: Logitech Harmony Companion | Player: Apple Tv 4k | TV-Server: Raspbian - HTS Tvheadend 4.2.8-34