1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How to stop a video with FireTV Remote Control

Report any issues you might have in here
Marty56

How to stop a video with FireTV Remote Control

Post by Marty56 »

I was wondering how to quickly stop a TV recording.
Up to now I only found a procedure which is so unbelievable bad that it cannot be the only solution.

1. Press center button
2. wait a moment
3. preset up button
4. preset right button 3 or 4 times until you select the stop icon
5. press center button.

So to stop a video I need 6 buttons presses and this very complicated sequence.
This is so incredible bad that I assume it me being incapable of finding the right procedure.

Please help.
Marty56

Re: How to stop a video with FireTV Remote Control

Post by Marty56 »

Ich habe MrMC wieder deinstalliert und benutze jetzt wieder good old Kodi.
Wollte das eigentlich vermeiden, weil die Erstinstallation unter FireTV ein gewisser Umstand ist, aber meine Frau konnte
1. das EPG nicht lesen, weil die Fonts so extrem klein waren. Ja, man sollte als Entwickler seine Produkte auch mal vor dem TV testen und nicht nur am Computer mit Keyboard und Mouse und 30 cm Abstand!
2. Sie fand den Video Stop Knopf nicht mehr.
3. Außerdem flackerte das Bild immer, wenn man HD Video wiedergeben hat, gestoppt hat und dann wieder das normale UI haben wollte.

Leute, so wird das nichts!

Wenn man Geld verdienen will, muss man auch Arbeiten und was Gutes abliefern.
Der Versuch unter Android mit einer gegenüber Kodi schlechteren, dafür aber kostenpflichten Variante erfolgreich zu sein, erscheint mir als relativ aussichtslos.

Damit bleibt für das Produkt die Nische "Kodi für iOS". Aber mal ehrlich, welche iOSTV Nutzer fummelt schon an den Settings in Eurer App herum. Es kauft sich einer die teure IOS Box, weil er eben genau NICHT herumfummeln will. Und dann soll sich derselbe Käufer so ein Programm kaufen? Never, ever!
Wenn Ihr unter IOs mehr als ein paar Hundert Lizenzen verkauft habt, würde mich das wirklich wundern.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: How to stop a video with FireTV Remote Control

Post by amet »

none of the devs speak German, if you would like one of us to respond I would suggest sticking to English.