1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Library Cleanup using the wrong IP address?

Any issues that are iOS specific
bayarnd

Library Cleanup using the wrong IP address?

Post by bayarnd »

iPad Pro - iOS 12.2 - MrMC 3.8-1

I ran into an odd problem: Recently I moved my NAS disks to a new router, old IP was 192.168.1.102, new IP is 192.168.254.16.
In my MrMC app I deleted the old video sources, and added the new video sources (all directories on the same NAS).
Everything worked fine as expected, for several weeks now. I can access all video files at the new IP address, and MrMC scans correctly for new files- the debug log shows:

NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.254.16/nfs not open - get a new context.
DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server 192.168.254.16 and export /nfs
DEBUG: NFS: chunks: r/w 32768/32768
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'nfs://192.168.254.16/nfs/MyBook_2/MOVIES -TEST/' due to no change (fasthash)
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'nfs://192.168.254.16/nfs/MyBook_2/MOVIES-4K/' due to no change (fasthash)
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'nfs://192.168.254.16/nfs/MyBook_2/MOVIES/' due to no change (fasthash)
NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:40

But: when I try to run the 'Library Cleanup' function, MrMC tries to connect to the old NAS IP address, cannot mount NFS content and goes into an infinite loop until I force end the app. Debug log:

NOTICE: CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
DEBUG: DialogProgress::Open called
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
INFO: Loading skin file: DialogProgress.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
WARNING: Skin has invalid include: TopBar
WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.framework/libnfs)
DEBUG: Loading: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/5347592F-3143-4538-B51D 120D76150681/MrMC.app/Frameworks/libnfs.framework/libnfs
DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.1.102 not open - get a new context.
ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_service failed)

I tried both skins, the problem is the same.
Any advice what I could do?

Thanks for your help..
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Library Cleanup using the wrong IP address?

Post by amet »

Reference for the old source was not removed from the library, when you removed the source it would have asked you if you want to remove it from library.

Only thing, short of removing MrMC and reinstalling, would be to add the source back in and remove it again answering yes to remove it from library
bayarnd

Post by bayarnd »

Yes I was prompted and I selected to remove each source from the library. Sure, i could have clicked the wrong button, but all files were and are gone and according to the debug log, the old library path is not used when i execute the 'Update Library' command - don't you think, if the old path was not properly removed, the update command too would try to access the old IP address?

Is there no way, e.g. under file management or elsewhere, to see and/or remove any old reference?

Also: for future releases, it would be good to add timeouts to the processes. As it is now, if we have 10 source folders and the system cannot find one of those, it just goes into eternal loop until we force-end the app, at least on an iPad. With timeouts, the system could move on after 30 seconds or so of unsuccessful attempts to mount a source directory? Just a thought..
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

There is no way to remove the reference as it is in SQLite database

Will have a look about the timeouts, as far as I can remember we have timeouts on all sources but I could be wrong