1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Does mrmc still handle hd audio files as multi pcm?

Any issues that are tvOS specific
timstephens24

Re: Does mrmc still handle hd audio files as multi pcm?

Post by timstephens24 »

Over my pay grade. :lol:
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
aaaMMMaaa

Post by aaaMMMaaa »

Someone in a danish forum was saying there are actually information hidden in the trueHD, DTS-HD audio streams, that are lost when converted to PCM.

Are there any truth to this argument, and is this argument valid?
In this case, all the people saying there are litterally no difference between bitstream and PCM are mistaken.

However I know for a fact this is the case with atmos, as the stream contains metadata, so data WILL be lost when converted to PCM.
Running MrMC (latest) on Atv4K-TvOS (latest)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

aaaMMMaaa wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 18:35 Someone in a danish forum was saying there are actually information hidden in the trueHD, DTS-HD audio streams, that are lost when converted to PCM.

Are there any truth to this argument, and is this argument valid?
In this case, all the people saying there are litterally no difference between bitstream and PCM are mistaken.

However I know for a fact this is the case with atmos, as the stream contains metadata, so data WILL be lost when converted to PCM.
My understanding is that the streams may contain metadata for the dialog normalization offset for the center channel. I don't think there's anything that actually changes the quality of the audio.

This does bring up a good question though...does MrMC follow such requests (dialog normalization offset) by adjusting the levels of the multichannel PCM?
aaaMMMaaa

Post by aaaMMMaaa »

Yes it could very likely be dialogue normalization.

He was also mentioning something about dynamics of for example explosions in a movie that could be contained in the HD audio streams.
Running MrMC (latest) on Atv4K-TvOS (latest)