1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Old TestFlight threads
cosmoxl

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.1 for Google Play

Post by cosmoxl »

I've gone to the google play link to make sure I'm part of the beta testing. That was 3 days ago. But, still no update to the latest build. :?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Got an update today. I know some of the work has been to fix audio sync. It seems to me it's worse than before.

I'm having to set a 0.2 second delay to get sync.

https://paste2.org/O3OthOVH
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

My setting is that for TV/DVR clicking the TV button takes me directly to the guide. Now when I'm in the guide clicking the back button on the remote brings up the view options. Clicking back again removes view options. Basically I'm stuck in the guide not able to go back to the home screen. If I select another option in the view options, then click the back button, I then can get back to the home screen.
generalmilk

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.1 for Googple Play

Post by generalmilk »

supertoto1977 wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 15:20 Hello,

I use MrMc 3.7.1 on my TV Sony AF9 with Android TV Oreo (8.0.0) linked by HDMI ARC to a MDRHW-700DS.
The A/V sync works now. I have no delay by using passthrough (i have to add 530ms in 3.7.0).
But i have a new issue while MrMc has to transcode the audio (DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby-HD) in Dolby AC3.
There's some humming sound. I have to pause and start the movie 2 or 3 times to remove the humming sound and to have a perfect A/V sync.
In the log, you can found a lot of
16:32:44.054 T:18446744072876980592 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of -4.846508, start adjusting
16:32:44.054 T:18446744072876980592 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error -4.846508 below threshold of 30.000000

You can find the debug log here

The IEC passthrough doesn't work. It seems that the IEC is broken on Sony firmware.

Hope it will help to improve MrMc
I can confirm everything you said. Sony X900F
generalmilk

Post by generalmilk »

I know this thread is for Nvidia Shield TV, but the thread in "others" is not active.
For the IEC or "PCM Hack", I think workability has something to do with Sony's system. I have experienced different pass through status on my X900F.
1) DTS and DTS HD (DTS HD receiver support must be off) works as DTS but DD does not work
2) DTS and DD both do not work
3) DTS and DD both works
DD+ never worked in IEC, works when IEC is off

It seems when I fiddle with stock video player or Kodi, plays some videos with different audio codecs, the behavior of IEC in MrMC may change into different status. So far I only experienced 3) once, and it is purely random. Even reboot does not help. Therefore IEC for now is unusable.
supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 »

Finally, i bought a Nvidia Shield TV, Sony android firmware is so crappy.
With the Shield, the A/V sync works well, even with the audio transcoding (no humming sound).
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

A tiny bug. In settings, system, under master lock there is an empty field.
And in the settings menus when you go down to mode (expert) last menu item is still red
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Another weird thing. When I want to use auto resolution change like in SPMC I can't change resolution to 1080p only 720p or 4k. Why is that?
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

After a reboot i could choose 1080p again. Should mediacodec be enabled? It's not enabled by default like on other apps.
hieyemtim

Post by hieyemtim »

Hi Koying! As a HUGE fan of your amazing SPMC, I decided to purchase and test the new beta of MRMC. I've been having problems with Dolby Atmos on MRMC that worked perfectly in SPMC. My receiver will jump between stereo and Atmos, stereo and atmos. Most of the time it will never work. Some files will take about a solid minute and then finally switch to Atmos. Every one of these files works perfectly in SPMC. I've checked every setting possible but I'm sure your brilliant mind will figure out what's going on. Let me know if you need any more information. I have the debug log file, but I've tried so many times to paste it into pastebin but it says it's too large. I can put it in a txt file in dropbox and send it to you if you can PM me. Thank you again for all your AMAZING work!!!