1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Questions in regards to the updated skin

Any Ariana skin issues go here
rskadk

Questions in regards to the updated skin

Post by rskadk »

Hi,

I have some questions for the new skin. So far i liked the old better. There is a couple of things that i find confusing compared to the good old one.

1) I have my NAS movie folder visible in the top, named Movies. All other folders, ex. sources etc are hidden sincei dont use them. Just below that is the recently added movies. If i go down to recently added and start swiping i can only see that row. Meaning the "movies" folder is gone, settings etc is gone. And there is a huge "Nothing" below the recently added movies.

2) As far as i remember (im not sure). I could see the plot and other info when just hovering a recently added movie. I now have to press enter to see everything. (However that second screen with movie info etc is really looking good :) )

3) If i enter movies folder, i really don't know how to search for a movie anymore?
rskadk

Re: Questions in regards to the updated skin

Post by rskadk »

What are your thoughts?
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

rskadk wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 18:05
I have some questions for the new skin. So far i liked the old better. There is a couple of things that i find confusing compared to the good old one.

1) I have my NAS movie folder visible in the top, named Movies. All other folders, ex. sources etc are hidden sincei dont use them. Just below that is the recently added movies. If i go down to recently added and start swiping i can only see that row. Meaning the "movies" folder is gone, settings etc is gone. And there is a huge "Nothing" below the recently added movies.

2) As far as i remember (im not sure). I could see the plot and other info when just hovering a recently added movie. I now have to press enter to see everything. (However that second screen with movie info etc is really looking good :) )

3) If i enter movies folder, i really don't know how to search for a movie anymore?
Old skin is still available and can be switched to in settings as an alternative for those who prefer it more.

1) I have more than just movies so that scroll reveal other media shelves as well. Current situation does don't allow me to scroll just as much as needed - half row might be sufficient in your case - so that main menu and top buttons remain visible when you are on movie shelf.

2) Yes, this is how it's meant to be in Ariana.

3) Search has been implemented in version 3.7.1 There are few other things missing in Ariana but it was decided a few months ago to go out with a solid base and add them at a later date so that version 3.7 could go out earlier. Whole Ariana skin was "born" in a relatively short time during TestFlighting version 3.7

For your use case Opacity might be a better choice and it is there to stay and will be supported in Mrmc versions to come.
rskadk

Post by rskadk »

pecinko wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 10:04
rskadk wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 18:05

Old skin is still available and can be switched to in settings as an alternative for those who prefer it more.

1) I have more than just movies so that scroll reveal other media shelves as well. Current situation does don't allow me to scroll just as much as needed - half row might be sufficient in your case - so that main menu and top buttons remain visible when you are on movie shelf.

2) Yes, this is how it's meant to be in Ariana.

3) Search has been implemented in version 3.7.1 There are few other things missing in Ariana but it was decided a few months ago to go out with a solid base and add them at a later date so that version 3.7 could go out earlier. Whole Ariana skin was "born" in a relatively short time during TestFlighting version 3.7

For your use case Opacity might be a better choice and it is there to stay and will be supported in Mrmc versions to come.
Thanks for your reply :)

1) Can't the screen just stay fixed when scrlling down to recently added? So the icons just above is not hidden?

3) I do not see any options of using the "old" Ariana? If i select Ariana and go to settings for this skin, there is no options to choose old skin etc?
foghat

Post by foghat »

rskadk wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 16:44
Thanks for your reply :)

1) Can't the screen just stay fixed when scrlling down to recently added? So the icons just above is not hidden?

3) I do not see any options of using the "old" Ariana? If i select Ariana and go to settings for this skin, there is no options to choose old skin etc?
I'm new here and just got back into using MrMc a couple of days ago - so not sure what the history on this skin may have been - my understanding is that it was brand new with v3.7. I suspect the suggestion was you can go back to Opacity or MrMc, which were previously the the MrMc default skins.

Of course, I could be mistaken.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Right. I was suggesting switching to Opacity skin.
rskadk

Post by rskadk »

pecinko wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 14:31 Right. I was suggesting switching to Opacity skin.
I meant Ariana before it was updated recently. It was way better before. Now i can't even search for movies anymore :/ Further more its also not possible to search for movies based on specific genres...
foghat

Post by foghat »

rskadk wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 12:28
pecinko wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 14:31 Right. I was suggesting switching to Opacity skin.
I meant Ariana before it was updated recently. It was way better before. Now i can't even search for movies anymore :/ Further more its also not possible to search for movies based on specific genres...
There was no Ariana before MrMc v3.7.

The default skin for the previous version of MrMc was Opacity. Switch to that skin if you liked the pre v3.7 MrMc default skin better.

As an side @pecinko, I see your note in your change log thread about: Skin ver 1.2.1 /Mrmc Testflight ver 3.7.1. How can one get to skin v1.2.1 on android tv? I am running 3.7.1, but skin version is 1.2.0
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

foghat wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 00:13 How can one get to skin v1.2.1 on android tv? I am running 3.7.1, but skin version is 1.2.0
I have 1.2.1 on my most recent beta build. Did you check for an update? Might want to move it over to the Google beta thread if so and you're not seeing an update.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
rskadk

Post by rskadk »

foghat wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 00:13
rskadk wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 12:28
There was no Ariana before MrMc v3.7.

The default skin for the previous version of MrMc was Opacity. Switch to that skin if you liked the pre v3.7 MrMc default skin better.

As an side @pecinko, I see your note in your change log thread about: Skin ver 1.2.1 /Mrmc Testflight ver 3.7.1. How can one get to skin v1.2.1 on android tv? I am running 3.7.1, but skin version is 1.2.0
Sorry - maybe im mistaken. I was running a light theme very close to Ariana. I have tried Opacity. This is not light / white like Adriana. And the menu is on the left, not in the middle. Was any skins removed with the new update?