1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Recommended settings for Shield and MrMC?

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
timstephens24

Re: Recommended settings for Shield and MrMC?

Post by timstephens24 »

Shasarak wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:17 Is there no agreement on what is objectively the most accurate? Or is it simply that nothing gives you an accurate picture, and you have to fall back on subjective preference to choose between the different inaccuracies?
wesk05's post here can help you: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?ti ... pid2744296 I'd also recommend reading some other responses after that.
Shasarak wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:17 This is educated guesswork only, but I would have thought that a good approach might be to minimise the number of transformations between colour spaces. So, for example, if Kodi reverts a video image as an OpenGL texture in RGB space, it may be better to output the result as RGB; but if using MediaCodec(Surface) renders the video natively in YUV (and I'm not actually sure if it does or not!) then outputting YUV might work better...?
I leave mine as YUV.
Shasarak wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:17 We haven't talked about audio settings yet. :) Any traps to avoid there?
Naw that one's easy. Turn on passthrough for everything. I've had the issue here [https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... o-drops/1/] with two Shields (one normal and one Pro) so I have to use wifi or I get audio drops. Hopefully next release they actually fix it.
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

timstephens24 wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 14:23Naw that one's easy. Turn on passthrough for everything.
On some other Kodi versions/forks, pass-through can be problematic for me. The device I use for audio can handle DD, DTS, DD+, and also 7.1-channel PCM (up to 24-bit / 96kHz) but not TrueHD or DTS-HD bitstreamed.

For a DTS-HD sound-track, I sometimes find it will extract the core DTS track and send that as poss-through, when what I would want it to do is decode the DTS-HD to 7.1 PCM and pass that. (But if basic DTS is all that's available, that should be passed through).

How does MrMC handle that?

Also, are there any central Shield settings for audio that we need to worry about?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I'm not sure what would be best in your setup then. My last three AVRs have all supported Atmos/DTS-X passthrough. It might be best to turn off passthrough and set the number of channels to 7.1 and just let MrMC decode and send it all as PCM to your AVR. You don't lose any audio quality that way, the only difference is the lights that are on your AVR.
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

timstephens24 wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 14:23 wesk05's post here can help you: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?ti ... pid2744296 I'd also recommend reading some other responses after that.
So, the gist of that was that, as of Shield Experience 7.0.1, it does a better job of mapping rec.709 to rec.2020?

IMO, it's still an unsatisfactory work-around rather than a solution: the Shield should be able to switch between rec.709 and rec.2020 on the fly, using the former for SDR material and the latter for HDR. Even if the mapping process is done reasonably well, it's going to confuse a lot of televisions which aren't anticipating SDR2020 input, and aren't correctly calibrated for it.
grm.78

Post by grm.78 »

Hey evryone,

Let me unburry this post.

I just invested in mrmc and own a shield too.
Some videos seems to lag for a few seconds during playback (but not during all the movie, just for some time). So I would be interested to know if you had some experience to share regarding a shield tv and mrmc optimal configuration ?
I had this issue with 720p and 1080p movies (i can't remember if it happened to 4k content). My shield is configure as a 4K 59.9 fps player.

It would be very painful to have to switch resolution on the switch before watching a movie .. if that is the solution.

Thanks,
Jérémie