1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hello from Italy

Introduce yourself here
pier78

Hello from Italy

Post by pier78 » 03 Oct 2018, 15:07

Dear all,
this is Pier from Italy and I am looking to better understand the feasibility of what it is a key element for me, before purchasing the MrMC app for an Apple TV 4k.

Scenario: I have a Synology NAS running latest fw in "Apartment 1" and I would like to use the ATV 4k installed in "Apartment 2" to stream via MrMC movies stored in my NAS (i.e. from remote).

Can I do this? Can I simply refer to my synology quickconnect (DDNS) address in MrMC setup?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Pier

timstephens24

Re: Hello from Italy

Post by timstephens24 » 04 Oct 2018, 02:04

The easiest way to do this is to use Plex (or Emby). The only issue you might run into is your upload bandwidth at Apartment 1, but hopefully you have good enough speeds over in Italy. :lol:

pier78

Post by pier78 » 04 Oct 2018, 16:22

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply!
Well, just to be sure that I got correctly your suggestion: I can use MrMC on my ATV 4K @Apartment2 if I run plex or emby (as a server) on my Synology NAS @Apt1 ? correct?
Yep, bandwidth shouldn't be an issue ;)
Thx a lot!

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 04 Oct 2018, 21:34

Yup, that's the easiest way to do it.

pier78

Post by pier78 » 09 Oct 2018, 08:02

Thanks Tim.
I was reading that also it is possible to point at my "remote" NAS via WebDav (enabled on my synology)....so MrMC will directly map the directory and build the library.

This solution sounds more easy/straightforward than setting up a plex or emby server on NAS.....but as "devil is in the details" :twisted: I was wondering which are the Pros and Cons of the two solutions ?? :roll: