1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

iOS MySQL connection problem with iPAD

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
luckynd

iOS MySQL connection problem with iPAD

Post by luckynd »

Hi,

I've a problem with MySQL and the iPad Air 2. The following message is displayed "Couldn't open the DB".
I use the same config on my iPhone 6s and 2 atv4 and it works (checked and cross checked ...).
History: The first time I tried on my iPad, I didn't create the source and the MySQL config was blocked. After waiting few minutes, I did a Hard kill of MrMC. After that I was not able anymore to configure MySQL service.

What I tried:
Restart iPAD, re-install and clean MrMC, kill MrMC.
I suspect it is linked to the first hard kill I did, but I don't know how to clean correctly (except by doing a full reinstall).

Environment:
- Local network (using wifi for iOS devices and wire for TVOS devices)
- Synology NAS with MySQL (MariaDB)

As it is working on my iPhone 6s, I'm not sure it is related to the iPad version or if it is related to the first config I tried on the iPad (and maybe MrMC store a "permanent" wrong config in the profile that is not correctly cleaned while removing app).

Anyway, this is the only device on which I cannot use the MySQL service.

Thank for your support,
David
amet
Team MrMC

Re: iOS MySQL connection problem with iPAD

Post by amet »

there is no difference between iPad and iPhone versions.

its something to do with settings, try re-entering IP address and login details, as well as the DB names
luckynd

Post by luckynd »

Already tried several times.. (As I reinstall the app ;-)). So I suppose it is linked to the local profile.
I will try with another iPad.
luckynd

Post by luckynd »

It works on my iPad mini (2d gen).

I've retried and reset all the config, re-install, re-start multiple times, clean the iCloud data... but nothing works on my iPad Air 2.
So either it's a problem in the iPad's MrMc stored profile (something corrupted (or not) and which is not delete when I remove the app),
or it's a problem on the iPad config (but not convinced).

I don't have access to the log, I will install latest version of xcode and try to check the log file.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

luckynd wrote:It works on my iPad mini (2d gen).

I've retried and reset all the config, re-install, re-start multiple times, clean the iCloud data... but nothing works on my iPad Air 2.
So either it's a problem in the iPad's MrMc stored profile (something corrupted (or not) and which is not delete when I remove the app),
or it's a problem on the iPad config (but not convinced).

I don't have access to the log, I will install latest version of xcode and try to check the log file.
grr, that's right. the iPad version is older than the tvOS version and does not have access to mrmc.log
luckynd

Post by luckynd »

:? :? ... forgotten something important: not able to access to mrmc.log as I'm not in the test flight.
So I only see the crash log, but I'm not sure it will help you.

So I've a simple choice: either you have an idea to help me, either I re-init all the setting and content.
So the question is: do you think you have time to lost with this problem?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

v1.2 is about to get pushed out for both tvOS and iOS.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Tell you what, we can push 1.1.2 into testflight for both. That's the 1.2 candidate. That should get approved in a few hours while the 1.2 release can take several days. Then we can get you into iOS testflight.
luckynd

Post by luckynd »

Thanks lot Davilla,
Full reset suspended... Actually it's not really urgent and if you don't have the time or have other higher priorities, I can wait.

EDIT: so it's like you want
luckynd

Post by luckynd »

Hello Davilla,

I've sent a mail to support with the logs coming from both iPad and iPhone MrMC app (1.2).
I still have the problem with the iPad (only).
I've also tried to restart the MySQL DB (as it worked for another member in MySQL support)

thanks for the support