1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How do you enable Channels and Play Next?

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
KnifeFed

How do you enable Channels and Play Next?

Post by KnifeFed »

I got the 3.7.0 update today, but MrMC isn't listed in "Customize channels" or "Play Next". I can't seem to find anything pertaining to this in the MrMC settings either.
thesuffering

Re: How do you enable Channels and Play Next?

Post by thesuffering »

According to Koying, this is how you do it:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332589

Problem is, I cant seem to make this work. Does this work if you use the Plex client? Nothing is populated in my smart playlist and nothing shows up in the channels section of Android TV
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

No. Smart playlists (and thus custom channels) only work when using a local database.
KnifeFed

Post by KnifeFed »

I created a media resource and added some videos, to get a local database. I then created a playlist containing a bunch of those videos. I still couldn't see any channels from MrMC, so I rebooted. Didn't help. I then cleared data for the launcher. Didn't help.

I guess it doesn't really matter any way for me, since I only use MrMC with the Plex extension.
thesuffering

Post by thesuffering »

koying wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 16:39 No. Smart playlists (and thus custom channels) only work when using a local database.
Is this something that could possibly be added in a future update or is it just too much of a PITA since its not a local database. The downright simple Plex integration is one of the biggest reasons I use MrMC, but Id love to see Channel support from plex service as well.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

I guess smartplaylist support *could* be developed for the internal Plex support of MrMC (@davilla ?) but certainly not if you're using the extension...
whinette

Post by whinette »

Since yesterday I have mrmc channels, I did not when I initialy installed the new release though.

This is handled weirdly, the art is not loaded for most of the show and lists are just the firts items of my plex library, except for the suggestions one.
Fehritale

Post by Fehritale »

I have both Kodi Beta and MrMC installed.

MrMC is showing the exact same channels as Kodi.

In Kodi i have serveral smart playlists, all working fine and showing as channel. The smart playlist created in MrMC is not showing as channel. But MrMC is showing the Kodi channels.

Is it a known bug?
Fehritale

Post by Fehritale »

The beta update to 3.7.1 did not fix it. MRMC and Kodi are showing exactly the same channels.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

That's because they use the same port for json-rpc.

If you exit both, then launch MrMC first, you'll see that Kodi shows MrMC content.