1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

tvOS - Back to go back ? Topic is solved

Any Ariana skin issues go here
Morien

tvOS - Back to go back ?

Post by Morien »

Hey,

I really like the look of the new skin and was really looking forward to today's release, but on tvOS it needs a bit of tweaking. (Or perhaps I'm missing something and would gladly be informed).

On more traditional skins on 3.6.2 if I was in a folder, eg. Movies, I could press left to pull out the drawer and sort movies, show only unplayed, or update the library. If I pressed back, it would go back a level. I don't think I used the drawer ever beyond the initial setup, but it being there didn't hurt. "Back" though, I used constantly. Now, if I press back it pulls out the drawer (now at the top), and to actually go back I have to press back a second time.

Can I change this behaviour to just have back go back?

Thank you
mrfahrbot

Re: tvOS - Back to go back ?

Post by mrfahrbot »

Agreed. This feels too clunky- after initial setup I practically never need to access it so having to go through it constantly is a pain.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I rather like Ariana the way it is. It's more like other apps on the Apple TV and I use that section a lot.
Nik3sh

Post by Nik3sh »

Personally I think when you’re at the top row in the movie/tv folder(library) you should be able to swipe up, on the remote, to bring out the menu options then swipe down to make it disappear just like the Plex app, instead we have the case having to press menu twice to back out which is annoying.
Morien

Post by Morien »

Would be great if behaviour of the button would be user selectable, much like the way you can choose the default action of playing a movie (play, resume, information, or ask) or whether to use the Siri trackpad features of the remote or not.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Thanks for feedback. I will consider possible improvements here.
Morien

Post by Morien »

What a great response! Thanks, a lot!
barong

Post by barong »

+1 for this behaviour. I also bought this up during the Test Flight.

Pressing back should take you back a screen as the current behaviour differs from almost every other skin/app on the platform.

Besides from that pecinko has done a great job on this skin :)
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

+1 for changing this behaviour.

pressing back should take you back a screen as the current behaviour differs from almost every other skin/app on the platform. xvmc / kodi has always used un up/down or left right command.

overall : i love the skin you made !
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

I have changed BACK button action for future version.