1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Request: beautify suggestions Topic is solved

Any Ariana skin issues go here
azriel84

Request: beautify suggestions

Post by azriel84 »

Hey there! I decided to play a bit with Infuse the other day, just to see what's going on with the other side. Anyway, had my issues, especially with library scrapping (nightmare) but, I really really liked their list view. Clean, organised, with media info properly shown without dashes or underscores. I think you should take a look and do something similar with list view, it's absolutely the only thing in Infuse better than MrMC at this point :lol:
pecinko

Re: Request: beautify suggestions

Post by pecinko »

azriel84 wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 06:55 Hey there! I decided to play a bit with Infuse the other day, just to see what's going on with the other side. Anyway, had my issues, especially with library scrapping (nightmare) but, I really really liked their list view. Clean, organised, with media info properly shown without dashes or underscores. I think you should take a look and do something similar with list view, it's absolutely the only thing in Infuse better than MrMC at this point :lol:
I don't like Infuse list view that much. Left Info panel is overcrowded and hard to read on (blured) fanart background.

I will be re-thinking list view for ver 3.8, however I don't see any "dashes and underscores" there in current version :-)
azriel84

Post by azriel84 »

Points taken. Poor choice of words with dashes and underscores maybe but what I mean is this:

Infuse
https://ibb.co/fLWo8z

MrMC Ariana
https://ibb.co/cXcT8z

I agree that the blurred background in Infuse is too much, but Ariana's is too dim too. I would prefer a milder than Infuse's blurred background in the colors of the fanart though instead of Ariana's grey. And yes it is overcrowded but this is mainly because of the actors and director on the left of the poster, unnecessary, we don't need all these details.

On the other hand, look how tidy the rest info are. Star rating top left. Cool. PG rating, duration, type of movie and release date above the plot text in one line and complete video file info below the plot. Clean and well placed with all the info needed without dashes etc to separate each detail.

On the other hand, I use Amber too. I prefer Amber's more options to view my library but it doesn't read the video details of 4K or Atmos files at all. I use Fanart view mode, with info shown enabled. On the far down of the screen where the video file info are, I get only a "7.1" mark on the down right of the screen and that's it... Generally, Amber doesn't portray at all a 4K or a 2160p or a 4K mark down left and Dolby True HD or Dolby Atmos down right, only a 7.1 mark. Sorry for the off topic, but I thought mentioning it while we discuss ;)
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

It is not decided yet what will happen with Amber in future versions. If it stays it should be updated to be compatible with recent changes. Skin looks deserves some love as well.
azriel84

Post by azriel84 »

You know better! Just wanted to add my two cents and ideas for future versions :) being an OpenElec and Libreelec user with Aeon Nox skin for years before ATV and MrMC I have to say all I am missing are some small aesthetic elements here and there, so I hope for the best.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Sure, thanks for suggestions they are being read and considered.