1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
jabohn

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by jabohn » 09 Jul 2018, 00:42

Just installed the new build and I noticed some Opacity skin issues:

1. The sections are now aligned to the top. They used to be middle. Was this intentional?
2. In TV Shows, long press on a show and choose TV Show Information from the menu. Now choose Show Fan Art. The fan art now shows but when you press the menu button to back out of it, it closes MrMC and goes to the home screen. So there is no way to get back without force quitting MrMC first.
3. Also with Fan Art, when you choose new fan art it doesn't load right away. You have to back out of the TV Show information first, and then when you go back to TV Show Information, the art shows up correctly. Although, on certain shows the new artwork doesn't seem to load at all but maybe that's not a MrMC issue?

tvOS 12 beta

houndtt

Post by houndtt » 09 Jul 2018, 04:13

Hey, I'm late to the party but I was able to test SMB3 connections to my Synology NAS. There were a few caveats however:
  1. I was not able to connect via the name of the server, only its IP address
  2. I had to enable libsmb2 only. libdsm and smb stat had to be both disabled for a successful connect
This is a major achievement and I thank you guys. Without this I had to be using the NFS protocol which is very slow at scanning for changes in a large media library; now it's fast again with SMB3.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 09 Jul 2018, 15:47

(180709.1208 @20180709-fd2e7ec)
FIX: allow modal dialogs to create uiviews for focus, else we bounce out on menu
ADD: ios: monitor hardware volume keys
CHG: slow down nav, we respond much faster than normal tvOS apps

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 09 Jul 2018, 16:38

houndtt wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 04:13
Hey, I'm late to the party but I was able to test SMB3 connections to my Synology NAS. There were a few caveats however:
  1. I was not able to connect via the name of the server, only its IP address
  2. I had to enable libsmb2 only. libdsm and smb stat had to be both disabled for a successful connect
This is a major achievement and I thank you guys. Without this I had to be using the NFS protocol which is very slow at scanning for changes in a large media library; now it's fast again with SMB3.
1) we know about, thinking on a fix that does not create issues with existing setups.
2) the list is ordered in which is picked 1st, so yes. libdsm needs to be disabled. Pretty sure I have smb stat enabled under libsmb2. Will verify later.

solamnic

Post by solamnic » 09 Jul 2018, 16:56

SMB3 is faster than NFS?
I have been using NFS for many years due to its stability and speed compared to SMB...
(never lost a share with NFS, while SMB tends to forgets shares)

ersan191

Post by ersan191 » 09 Jul 2018, 17:52

ersan191 wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 01:36
Awesome, AirPlay sync is MUCH better now - though my log fills up with 'large audio sync error' now. The number keeps changing though so I assume it's adjusting sync dynamically since it varies? Whatever it is the audio is in perfect sync now.

The playing through HDMI after turning TV off/on is still happening, though.

https://pastebin.com/6G1p78zD
Was hoping today's 11.4.1 update for tvOS and audioOS would help, but nothing's changed.

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 09 Jul 2018, 18:08

davilla wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 15:47
Don't know if above was done for this:
Montoya wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 22:49
Feedback tvOS 11.4 Apple TV 4K:

PVR Live TV and recordings (Opacity):
Skipping FW/BW with Logitech Harmony Elite doesn’t follow set skip steps time. For example, skip step time FW is set to +30s only in settings, but with one press on Logitech Harmony Elite, MrMC skips FW directly for 60s. (In settings I use the default standard delay).

Same applies for skipping BW, that double amount of set skip step time is done with only one press on Logitech Elite.
Issue is still present on tvOS 11.4.1 and latest Testflight. Issue is only present when in PVR mode (DVBLink/TVMosaic), not in other modes, like Movies from MrMC lib with local SMB shares or Emby Client service. In there, set skip step time, is followed on Logitech Harmony Elite.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 09 Jul 2018, 18:31

Montoya wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 18:08
davilla wrote:
Montoya wrote:

Skipping FW/BW with Logitech Harmony Elite doesn’t follow set skip steps time. For example, skip step time FW is set to +30s only in settings, but with one press on Logitech Harmony Elite, MrMC skips FW directly for 60s. (In settings I use the default standard delay).

Same applies for skipping BW, that double amount of set skip step time is done with only one press on Logitech Elite.
Issue is still present on tvOS 11.4.1 and latest Testflight. Issue is only present when in PVR mode (DVBLink/TVMosaic), not in other modes, like Movies from MrMC lib with local SMB shares or Emby Client service. In there, set skip step time, is followed on Logitech Harmony Elite.
And with Siri remote it’s working ok?

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 09 Jul 2018, 19:21

amet wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 18:31
Montoya wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 18:08
davilla wrote:
Montoya wrote:

And with Siri remote it’s working ok?
Yes, with Siri remote all is working fine in PVR mode and other modes.

When skipping FW/BW with Logitec Elite remote, one keypress FW/BW when skipping FW/BW is done twice (see that on OSD) and it happens only in PVR mode.

To help you guys with more information, I just activated Siri Expert mode in my MrMC PVR profiles and with that setting, the issue with double skip step time with one press on Logitech Elite remote, does NOT occur.

sdsnyr94

Post by sdsnyr94 » 10 Jul 2018, 19:40

Issue with Hue integration - Nvidia Shield, but appears to affect the ATV 4K also.

I've been really busy with work, and not home much. A couple of nights ago I went to put on a movie, and one of my 2 Hue bulbs would not dim.

I've tried everything I can think of (Everything works fine from the Hue app on my phone) - and after disassociating and reconnecting the Bridge, now neither of the bulbs respond.

At some point during the week, I forget which day, I had a power outage at the house that caused all of my devices to reboot. It is possible that the Hue bridge pulled an update that I am not aware of when it rebooted. It did retain the same IP address, that part I'm sure of.

Any way that I can just 'start over' with the Hue settings? I've reset that screen to defaults, but that didn't help. Again, the bulbs respond fine to the Hue app and to Google Home.

On the ATV 4k, if I attempt to play a movie with Hue enabled, it crashes to home screen. This previously worked fine (I moved it to another room prior to all of this, but used it to test to make sure it wasn't just a Shield issue).

I've never really looked into how to retrieve logs from the Shield or ATV 4k... can someone point me in the right direction so that I can pull some logs?

Thanks.