1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Google Play Store Versions

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Google Play Store Versions

Post by davilla »

andersh wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 16:48 Sorry for being unclear. I was not asking about sideloading. I was wondering about the no unlock/root policy.
As already explained, to allow that, we would have to disable Safenet.

Safenet -> https://www.howtogeek.com/241012/safety ... d-devices/

MrMC's functionality does not depend nor need the device firmware to be unlocked or rooted. And
as we might depend on AndroidPay in the future, we really don't want to disable Safenet.
andersh

Post by andersh »

davilla wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 17:54 As already explained, to allow that, we would have to disable Safenet.

Safenet -> https://www.howtogeek.com/241012/safety ... d-devices/

MrMC's functionality does not depend nor need the device firmware to be unlocked or rooted. And
as we might depend on AndroidPay in the future, we really don't want to disable Safenet.
You would not have to disable anything. You would just not need to check for safetynet.

I can see that it would make sense to check for this if your application is handling VPNs, bank accounts etc. But MrMC is a media player and as such the underlying security of the device should be of little or no concern and left to the user.

Whether MrMC itself depend on unlocked or rooted firmware is a moot point, as most people run other things on their device as well. I for one thing have an underlying application that requires root and is vital for handling my particular setup for remote control. So without root access on the device, MrMC also becomes useless for me since I can not control it with the same setup I use for the rest of my home automation.
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

I just want to use it on my MiBox. I've recommended the MiBox to others, so it would be nice for it to work on that box also. Will have to look in to sideload on my box after buying it if I can't get it working other ways.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

SUPERBIF wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 07:22 I just want to use it on my MiBox. I've recommended the MiBox to others, so it would be nice for it to work on that box also. Will have to look in to sideload on my box after buying it if I can't get it working other ways.
I don't think the MiBox was ever updated for Nougat, but I've heard rumblings about an Oreo build. I think that's why MrMC isn't installable on the MiBox.
rodalpho

Post by rodalpho »

I agree that the app should work on rooted devices. If you implement google pay (renamed from android pay) in the future, just disable that functionality if the device is rooted.
Scoty43

Post by Scoty43 »

Is there a Beta Programm?
kidmoe

Post by kidmoe »

Happy user of 3.6.2 on the family Amazon Fire TV but I also have an unrooted MiBox. When I search the MiBox Google Play app for MrMc, nothing shows up, MrMc is not found. Reading some of the posts in this thread it seems that rooted boxes will do this but mine is unaltered straight from Best Buy. Any thoughts how I can work around this?