1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Device Compatibility

Introduce yourself here
RKCRLR

Re: Device Compatibility

Post by RKCRLR »

The Appstore on Amazon.com list the minimum operating system as Android 5.0.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

RKCRLR wrote: 25 May 2018, 02:19 The Appstore on Amazon.com list the minimum operating system as Android 5.0.
App developers are free to put the required Android version higher, that value just states the minimum accepted under the app store.
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

It is showing up as incompatible with all Amlogic boxes (running Android 7 or even 8). It is also incompatible for the Google Nexus player (Android 8).
RKCRLR

Post by RKCRLR »

Are any of your AMLogic devices on the Google approved manufactures list?
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

RKCRLR wrote: 26 May 2018, 01:39 Are any of your AMLogic devices on the Google approved manufactures list?
Good question! I had forgotten about the Mi Box which is a Google certified Amlogic box. Guess what, it does show up on that device.

Other paid apps do show up on the noncertified boxes. So, I'm not exactly sure what is going on with MrMC.
RKCRLR

Post by RKCRLR »

So I tried registering my device per the instructions in the link. MrMC still does not show up for me in Google Playstore.
However, Amazon let me purchase MrMC Lite. But it said I need to install it manually using Amazon Underground. I think Amazon Underground is now the Amazon App store. Either way I couldn't get it to show up as one of my apps so I couldn't figure out how to install it.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

RKCRLR wrote: 27 May 2018, 02:02 So I tried registering my device per the instructions in the link. MrMC still does not show up for me in Google Playstore.
However, Amazon let me purchase MrMC Lite. But it said I need to install it manually using Amazon Underground. I think Amazon Underground is now the Amazon App store. Either way I couldn't get it to show up as one of my apps so I couldn't figure out how to install it.
MrMC Lite is free, no purchase is required.
RKCRLR

Post by RKCRLR »

Yes, I "purchased" it for $0. I gives a warning that I may purchasing an app for a non-compatible device. It then tells me I need to install it manually by opening Amazon Underground, then go to Menu - My Apps - Cloud - Refresh to see app and install. Amazon Underground has been replaced by the Appstore app which I have. But MrMC Lite dows not show up in My Apps and there is no Cloud option I can find. Also, MrMC does not show up when I search the Appstore app.
RKCRLR

Post by RKCRLR »

wesk05 wrote: 26 May 2018, 17:59
RKCRLR wrote: 26 May 2018, 01:39 Are any of your AMLogic devices on the Google approved manufactures list?
Good question! I had forgotten about the Mi Box which is a Google certified Amlogic box. Guess what, it does show up on that device.

Other paid apps do show up on the noncertified boxes. So, I'm not exactly sure what is going on with MrMC.
This is interesting since the Mi box is an Android TV box. I wonder if it has something to with a combination on not being an Android TV box and being an AMLogic box.
Whatever the case, there is something screwy going on. If I search the Google Playstore with a Windows computer I can see both MrMC and MrMC Lite. It lists MrMC as compatible with my Galaxy S7 phone but MrMC Lite isn't compatible with any of my devices.
RKCRLR

Post by RKCRLR »

amet wrote: 24 May 2018, 13:32 Someone reported being unable to install on Shield with unlocked bootloader... is that what rooted means in android world?
Sort of. You need an unlocked bootloader to give root permissions.
Edit: I guess the above statement is incorrect. You can have a rooted device with a locked bootloader. I don't know if my bootloader is unlocked. My device came rooted from the factory.
I currently dual boot into LibreELEC from a SD card. I don't know if that means my bootloader is unlocked. I did not unlock it myself as far as I know.