1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by koying » 06 May 2018, 06:43

cosmoxl wrote:
06 May 2018, 01:19
I think my reply here might have been missed so just posting it again.
The "Sony camping" is one of my test files, too ;)
You don't see better contrast at the cost of burnt white, there? The hint is that you cannot see the details of the mountains at the back anymore. It's lost in a flurry of whites.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 06 May 2018, 07:45

wesk05 wrote:
05 May 2018, 18:04
Isn't this what nearest-neighbor interpolation is?
No. If you want to call it upsampling/upscaling, it would be a very dumb algorithm where every chroma pixel is duplicated 2x2, without any interpolation ;)

Not sure what's the fuzz about chroma upscaling, but any other algorithm is just making out stuff, imho

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 06 May 2018, 10:17

koying wrote:
06 May 2018, 06:43
cosmoxl wrote:
You don't see better contrast at the cost of burnt white, there? The hint is that you cannot see the details of the mountains at the back anymore. It's lost in a flurry of whites.
Ah, I see what can go wrong.
You have to have the GUI resolution set to "Unlimited", or MrMC (wrongly) goes the HQ scalers route, and those scalers are not HDR->SDR enabled.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 May 2018, 11:56

(180505.1018 @a0f4bb5b8)
fixed plex/emby clients/addon
sync skin.ariana

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 06 May 2018, 13:08

koying wrote:
06 May 2018, 10:17
koying wrote:
06 May 2018, 06:43
cosmoxl wrote:
Ah, I see what can go wrong.
You have to have the GUI resolution set to "Unlimited", or MrMC (wrongly) goes the HQ scalers route, and those scalers are not HDR->SDR enabled.
Mine was at "auto" Setting to unlimited didn't make any difference that I could tell. (I know what it should look like because I can watch it properly tonemapped with madvr or plex media player on a PC or on my ipad pro.) I don't see burnt highlights, except for the sun. What tonemapping algorithm are you using? I found hable the best for mpv (plex media player).

Also, what about the problem of not detecting DV and using surface for that other file I linked to?

https://paste2.org/IewK97jd There's another log for good measure so you can perhaps see what's going on with tonemapping and the DV detection.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 06 May 2018, 13:36

davilla wrote:
06 May 2018, 11:56
(180505.1018 @a0f4bb5b8)
fixed plex/emby clients/addon
sync skin.ariana
tvOS 11.2.6
- Plex add-on plays flawlessly.
- Ariana: very nice layout; PMP inspired. I don't know whether it will switch to a Dark Theme when ATV switches the mode after sunset (I tested during daylight) but the contrast of the to the media selection row at top and the white background is quite poor. Also, the contrast to the -quite small- icons of the media kind and their background is poor. It seems to me that the colour scheme needs some tuning in general.
- Native playback from the Skin is also flawless, as usual, or at least I didn't notice any issue yet, but I have neither 4k media nor 4k/HDR TV (only 1080 resolution).

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 06 May 2018, 16:09

With this latest shield I've had a couple times now where MrMC stops responding to the play/pause button of the firestick (bluetooth) remote that I use.

https://paste2.org/waYWMWj4

Perhaps that log will have something.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 06 May 2018, 16:13

Everbrave wrote:
06 May 2018, 13:36
- Ariana: very nice layout; PMP inspired. I don't know whether it will switch to a Dark Theme when ATV switches the mode after sunset (I tested during daylight) but the contrast of the to the media selection row at top and the white background is quite poor. Also, the contrast to the -quite small- icons of the media kind and their background is poor. It seems to me that the colour scheme needs some tuning in general.
Thanks for feedback.

Ariana and PMP are Apple inspired, not the other way around :-)

Theme switching is not yet in place but will be available eventually. Home library icons will eventually be coloured - that should improve contrast and ease of navigation. What do you think is small - library section icons or home shelves posters?

wesk05

Post by wesk05 » 06 May 2018, 16:33

koying wrote:
06 May 2018, 07:45
No. If you want to call it upsampling/upscaling, it would be a very dumb algorithm where every chroma pixel is duplicated 2x2, without any interpolation ;)
Not sure what's the fuzz about chroma upscaling, but any other algorithm is just making out stuff, imho
Chroma subsampling & upsampling terms have been in use in digital video processing for over 2 decades :)

You said it yourself- nearest neighbor is a dumb algorithm, but is the easiest to implement. I’m not sure why think duplication to fill in missing values is not considered as interpolation.

As for the fuzz about chroma upsampling algorithms, depending on the algorithm being used you can end up with artificats like jaggedness/boxy appearance, color-bleeding, out-of-gamut colors, aliasing & ringing. That’s why there is a whole slew of advanced filtering algorithms. Yes, all of them are making up missing stuff, the difference is how good they are in doing it.
Since at this time, there is no option for a user to change the chroma upsampling algorithm in Kodi, this may be a moot point for discussion now.

BTW, BT.601 and BT.709 recommendations do have filtering guidelines that ideally necessitates the use of multitap-FIR filters, but being computationally intensive is not implemented commonly.

Mitnick

Post by Mitnick » 06 May 2018, 17:22

@mrmc Admin.

I think i found an timezonebug in all preview mrmc builds. Please fix it in 3.7.0.
I use MrMC on my TCL-U55P6046 with AndroidTV 7.0.

The time is set correct in my TV and i have set the timezone correct in MrMC.
But the MrMC time is not correct for. example.:
Realtime is 15:00 Uhr but MrMC say its 11:00 Uhr.
I played arround with some tweaks like Manuel timesettings ect. pp. nothing helps.
Then i have tested the other Skins in MrMC and this Skins show all the correct time but when i change the Skin back to Opacity is the time not correct.

Timezone is Germany/Berlin

Sorry for my poor english, i hope you understand me.

Kind Regards