1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

TVH Recordings - interlace detection not working

tvOS Video playback support subforum
smiffy1989

TVH Recordings - interlace detection not working

Post by smiffy1989 »

I have a random issue whereby my recordings made by TVHeadend (UK Freeview) aren't being detected as interlaced when first playing them (the interlace options are greyed out in video settings). This seems to cause dropped frames/artifacting etc and makes skipping ad breaks impossible.

If I skip a few minutes in so that a resume point is created and play from there, they seem to be detected as being interlaced fine and with Auto/Auto settings everything plays perfectly (well except for blacks being green but I think that's fixed in 3.4.1?)

Here's a debug log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e2ea6 ... 4e1488fd58

First play the settings are greyed out and its impossible to watch. Second play resuming from a point further in and the settings are available and its bearable (colour issue still ruins it!). I also have a RPi 3 running libreelec 8.2.2 and that plays this same recording flawlessly every time.

Any tips? Happy to provide any additional info/files etc :)
smiffy1989

Re: TVH Recordings - interlace detection not working

Post by smiffy1989 »

In typical fashion I've instantly found a suggestion to try disabling Hardware Acceleration which seems to resolve the LiveTV interlace issues (still funny colours!). I can't play back any 4K HDR now though :(

Hopefully that helps narrow down the problem at least?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

need log with debug enabled, as far as I can tell from your log, ffmpeg is being used for playback
smiffy1989

Post by smiffy1989 »

I enabled debug logging, does MrMC need a restart to pick the setting up? I’ll grab another tomorrow :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

smiffy1989 wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 21:10 I enabled debug logging, does MrMC need a restart to pick the setting up? I’ll grab another tomorrow :)
a restart is not required.
smiffy1989

Post by smiffy1989 »

I'm a fool! I followed the instructions here: https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Debug_log

I just glanced at the screenshot and saw that it was the last tab, did the same on the WebUI but the last tab is "Old Log" :D

Anyway, here is a new one:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5ec8c ... f418647704

So I attempted to play a recording, checked the settings and deinterlace was greyed out. Skipped a bit and left it to settle down so it created a resume point, then exited and played it again from the resume point and the deinterlace settings were then available and I can skip around without any issues.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Possible related to version of binary pvr we are using for TVHeadend. We just updated pvr.mythtv and plan to do the same for all binary pvr's.
smiffy1989

Post by smiffy1989 »

Any chance it will be in 3.4.1? Guess I could request to join the betas :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - connected to Tvheadend / 4.2.5-14~g1665c35 (HTSPv27)

Which Tvheadend server version are you running ?
Aesthetiker

Post by Aesthetiker »

did the latest beta include a newer version or pvr.hts?