1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC, Infuse, Plex & Co.

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
cosmoxl

Re: MrMC, Infuse, Plex & Co.

Post by cosmoxl »

Everbrave wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:30
cosmoxl wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:10
davilla wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 12:22

Shhhh, don't spoil our surprise. :)
I've briefly played with plex for kodi add-on in SPMC on Shield and I don't care for it at all. I hope that whatever you plan to do I can still use Plex in the current way in MrMC.
May I ask you whether you dislike the Plex UI? Since, technically the current MrMC implementation can at best be the same.
Function is what I care about, not UI. In plex for kodi I find it more difficult to fast forward and I can't check codec info. Those are just two things I think of right away.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:44
Everbrave wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:30
cosmoxl wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:10

I've briefly played with plex for kodi add-on in SPMC on Shield and I don't care for it at all. I hope that whatever you plan to do I can still use Plex in the current way in MrMC.
May I ask you whether you dislike the Plex UI? Since, technically the current MrMC implementation can at best be the same.
Function is what I care about, not UI. In plex for kodi I find it more difficult to fast forward and I can't check codec info. Those are just two things I think of right away.
I understand; it is still in beta anyway and will hopefully match the Plex client in functionality when finally released.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

Everbrave wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 11:05 An upadte on the topic:
I used to install PlexKodiConnect on Kodi to take advantage of Plex library.
Today, I installed Plex for Kodi add-on (MrMC doesn't allow it, I know :) and it gives me both Plex library and a clean UI, q.e.d.

There has been -business- suggestions in some forums that Plex should "buy" infuse as a client for ATV, but it seems Plex prefers the other business model, i.e., to integrate their server in existing clients (MrMC, infuse, etc.).

Is it feasible for MrMC to negotiate/implement Plex add-on?
Will the add-on take the form of a new skin? a whole new app? Im excited to test this.
Last edited by Itzme1234 on 06 Jan 2018, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Itzme1234 wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 14:44
Everbrave wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 11:05 An upadte on the topic:
I used to install PlexKodiConnect on Kodi to take advantage of Plex library.
Today, I installed Plex for Kodi add-on (MrMC doesn't allow it, I know :) and it gives me both Plex library and a clean UI, q.e.d.

There has been -business- suggestions in some forums that Plex should "buy" infuse as a client for ATV, but it seems Plex prefers the other business model, i.e., to integrate their server in existing clients (MrMC, infuse, etc.).

Is it feasible for MrMC to negotiate/implement Plex add-on?
Will the add-on take the form of a new skin? a whole new app? Im excited to test this.
I cannot tell what davilla intends to implement, but if it is the Plex add-on, it is both a UI and, of course, a connection to Plex data-base. Emby add-on is less sophisticated.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

I just wanted to mention that people on Plex and Emby forums are wanting MrMC if it were not for the GUI.
What I could imagine is a nified GUI for MrMC, Plex and Emby clients, with a unified media DB!
The new Plex Media Player 2.2.1 is a good example.
Blubyu

Post by Blubyu »

Please forgive me if I step on any toes...I can be blunt at times :)

I am not new to the xbmc/kodi forums or the mrmc forums...I simply don't post that much on either.....

I avoid Plex like the plague......

Why??

I was one of the first to test out Plex (back in the xbmc days testing a macOS port)....

It was great up until a point......that point being that xbmc was (and still is under kodi) open source and open to the public.

The plex creator decided to not follow the the xbmc open source ways and not push his changes upstream to better the xbmc code for macOS.

He was told repeatedly to do so....he chose not to and started to make money of the hard work of the original xbmc devs who came before him.

Now I have no problem with somebody forking a project to make things better and monetizing off of that. Just share the code like everybody else and we are fine (exactly like mrmc is doing).

But he didn't. It has been so long since this happened that nobody now remembers the truth. I am pretty sure Davilla was was working on the xbmc project at that time so he will know what I am talking about.

Plex has evolved into an entire different beast since then. Good for them. But because the way the software was built, I will never support them nor will I recommend them to anybody I know.

Please do not take my views as anything official from the mrmc team. I don't know any of them personally and I don't want my views to be in any way associated with them.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Blubyu wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 02:06 Please forgive me if I step on any toes...I can be blunt at times :)

I am not new to the xbmc/kodi forums or the mrmc forums...I simply don't post that much on either.....

I avoid Plex like the plague......

Why??

I was one of the first to test out Plex (back in the xbmc days testing a macOS port)....

It was great up until a point......that point being that xbmc was (and still is under kodi) open source and open to the public.

The plex creator decided to not follow the the xbmc open source ways and not push his changes upstream to better the xbmc code for macOS.

He was told repeatedly to do so....he chose not to and started to make money of the hard work of the original xbmc devs who came before him.

Now I have no problem with somebody forking a project to make things better and monetizing off of that. Just share the code like everybody else and we are fine (exactly like mrmc is doing).

But he didn't. It has been so long since this happened that nobody now remembers the truth. I am pretty sure Davilla was was working on the xbmc project at that time so he will know what I am talking about.

Plex has evolved into an entire different beast since then. Good for them. But because the way the software was built, I will never support them nor will I recommend them to anybody I know.

Please do not take my views as anything official from the mrmc team. I don't know any of them personally and I don't want my views to be in any way associated with them.
I think you got my post quite wrong; I also have had my “encounter” with Plex and I’m not promoting Plex in any way and I am not a Plex Pass user; just to be clear :)
I only mentioned the UI of PMP as a “good” design example, which I think it is.

The point I’m making is actually very simple; a good media center like MrMC can/will find more users by improving the UI; this is BTW valid for any product.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

I have been using the Plex for Kodi add-on (v.0.14a1) with Kodi 17.6 for few days now and must say that I am quite happy with it. Not only is the GUI very nice but also functional. In addition, the add-on allows for direct-play hevc (to be enabled in the settings) and thus makes for the better client than the current Plex tvOS app. It cannot (yet) automatically switch the frame refresh rate with the current server version (1.10.1.4602).