1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Cache artwork

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
steve1977

Cache artwork

Post by steve1977 »

I am using both the TVOS and IOS version of MrMC accessing my mySQL Kodi database.

I have a large video and music library. Would love to have a feature that allows to cache all artwork. This would make things a lot snappier.

Thanks for considering!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Cache artwork

Post by amet »

We do cache all thumbnails already, debuglog will show it taking a jpeg from your nas to a local thumbnail folder.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

thanks for your message. when does this caching happen? in my experience, the first time i show a movie, it takes quite some time for poster and fanart to show. thereafter, it goes quick. i’m looking for a feature that caches all artwork for the full library (not just upon pulling up the movie). is this already in place and my perception wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

it happens when the list of movies/shows/episodes is displayed, if you look in debuglog you should see where its cached
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Thanks. That's what I expected and is the same way how Kodi is doing it. In my view, this is not ideal (at least not for my use case). The caching only happens once I hover / display a movie. So when new movies are added on mysql, it will take a few seconds when displaying a new movie to show the artwork.

What would be a significant improvement would be a feature to cache all artwork automatically without the need to display the movie and an external python script (texturecache.py) exists with the purpose to do so. I'd prefer a native solution within MrMC.

Something you'd be open to consider for a future release?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

steve1977 wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 14:47 Thanks. That's what I expected and is the same way how Kodi is doing it. In my view, this is not ideal (at least not for my use case). The caching only happens once I hover / display a movie. So when new movies are added on mysql, it will take a few seconds when displaying a new movie to show the artwork.

What would be a significant improvement would be a feature to cache all artwork automatically without the need to display the movie and an external python script (texturecache.py) exists with the purpose to do so. I'd prefer a native solution within MrMC.

Something you'd be open to consider for a future release?
It 'should' be caching artwork/metadata at the same time it fetches/generates a thumbnail. But for some unknown reason, it does not do this for some users. We are still trying to figure out why this happens.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I am not sure whether I am facing the same issue.

I am using mysql with a Kodi movie library. The Kodi is being updated by a Kodi device, so MrMC (running on ATV) has nothing to do with this.

When I start MrMC, all movies in the mysql database show up. Artwork is being displayed after some time, but I need to hover over the movie and wait. Once I have done this once, the artwork is cached and next time it shows up immediately. This is the same behavior as it is with Kodi.

What I am asking as feature request is that I don't need to display the movie for it to download / fetch / cache the artwork, but instead that it just caches the whole library at once.

Are we talking about the same thing?
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I have been using the texturecache.py script to cache artwork remotely. The script itself is executed remotely and then triggers caching in Kodi. It accesses the device over the webserver and I'd expected it to work with MrMC as well.

Unfortunately, this is not working with MrMC. The Kodi developers helped with quite some trouble-shooting and concluded that this is an issue of MrMC and some code related to caching was altered. Any chance you can help looking into it? Without local caching, MrMC is extremely slow and it takes ages if I want to scroll through all movies to trigger caching event.

Please see below trouble-shooting done by the Kodi developers. Post #84 is the relevant one to look at. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324329&page=6

Thanks for your help!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

hi,

looked at it on my side and it seems to be ok.. image is re-cached just fine

https://pastebin.com/bxk5E8AG

https://pastebin.com/eN6z7CGC

I am not sure what error are you seeing... seems to all work fine here :(
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

thanks. may i PM you my log files? did you cache by hovering over the movie or using texturecache script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk