1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC deleted all my app data after latest update

Any issues that are tvOS specific
willynanita

MrMC deleted all my app data after latest update

Post by willynanita »

So I had MrMC all set up with profiles, video calibration settings, network shares, video libraries and everything until the latest update came in automatically and deleted the app settings and it started as new.

If I try to make changes to the video calibration, the changes don't hold and I have to set them every time I start the app.

I really wanted to give this app a try and forget about all the issues with side loading Kodi to the Apple TV, but at this stage it is unusable. I use Kodi mainly because skins (MrMC doesn't have too many, but the latest one is very nice).

Any help?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC deleted all my app data after latest update

Post by davilla »

Well, we don't delete app settings when updating. Not sure what happened as we never see that when we roll versions.

I assume you mean 3.3.1. It should be retaining video calibration. It was a regression from 3.2.

Which AppleTV ? 4 or 4K ?
willynanita

Post by willynanita »

It's an Apple TV 4.

I'm sure it deleted all data I had.

I noticed tonight that the video calibration is retained. I will try and add all my library and profiles again and see what happens.

Thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

v3.3.1, verified on appletv 4k, video calibration is retained across a force quit and re-launch.
shadow.jedi

Post by shadow.jedi »

I had the same problem all data deleted after update on my ATV 4K
was working great then couple days later logged in and all movies tv shows all data gone.
linked through smb to my netgear nas.
reloaded all again and downloaded as data again then next day logged back in and all gone again.
hope the new update fixes that problem
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

We have no control over saved movie/tv metadata. The AppleTV only has 500k of persistent storage for individual Apps. Metadata from movie/tv is too large to save there so it must go to a different area. This area is and will be purged by tvOS, mostly when tvOS updates.

To preserve metadata from movie/tv, we highly recommend moving to mysql running on the NAS serving content. Or running a plex/emby server.

All I can say is, it's not us doing it and there is nothing we can do to prevent tvOS from purging. One thing that can help is never force quit MrMC. The area we use for large storage will never be purged as long as we are running and that includes being moved to the background. When MrMC is in the background, we use very little system resources and tvOS will in fact suspend us resulting in zero CPU usage.
willynanita

Post by willynanita »

davilla wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 13:48 To preserve metadata from movie/tv, we highly recommend moving to mysql running on the NAS serving content.
Can I do this if the library is on a Windows PC? All my shares are on my W10Pro PC.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

sure, click on -> mysql and you have some instructions on how to do it there
Bobrupp1

Post by Bobrupp1 »

Hello

Are you going to leave this bugreport like this?
My ATV4 deleted all data after the update 17 or 18 dec ...

All movie thumbs, info, gone....
Tried to reinstall, same again.... it updates everything, But after restart of ATV... all gone.

Is this a new feature or a bug?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

If you want to guarantee retention, you must use an external database like mysql. We really have zero control over when tvOS will decide to purge.