1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

4K HVEC (high bitrate) stuttering

Any issues that are tvOS specific
mkc2lr

4K HVEC (high bitrate) stuttering

Post by mkc2lr »

Hello,

I just purchased MrMC when I found out that there's a kind of Kodi for my Apple TV 4K.
Currently I have a HD TV, but I'd like to use MrMC to play 4K videos on my TV as my Popcorn Hour can't play 4K.
Initially (with the default settings) I achieved something around 1-2 fps. After changing the sound to passthrough and changing to videotoolbox instead of AV foundation, it plays fluently for the first few seconds, then it starts stuttering again. It's far better than in the beginning, but still I won't watch movies like this.
Any hints how to improve are highly appreciated !

Thanks,
Christof
amet
Team MrMC

Re: 4K HVEC (high bitrate) stuttering

Post by amet »

Hi,

Maybe debuglog has some info on it, also make sure that your connection can support large 4K files... is atv connected via lan cable or wifi?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

For 4K files, set buffering to 200MBs and buffer all filesystems.

Like Amet asked, debuglog please.
mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

Thanks a lot for your quick answers !!!
My ATV is connected via LAN cable.
I tried to copy my logfile in, but it seems to be far too large to copy. This post is limited to 60k lines. Is there any possibility to attach a txt file? (I did reboot before, it's just a boot and playing a file for a few seconds)
There are many AUDIO SYNC errors, probably this is not a surprise if video is behind...
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

use pastebin.com to paste the log into and provide us with a link
mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

I hope this works...:

https://pastebin.com/XkiNwgVK
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

1) Were buffering settings setup as I suggested ?

2) Try under a different audio track, there might be something wrong with "DTSHD 7.1 mixxed by Pate"
mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

No, buffering is not changed yet. I‘ll try when I’m back home next Wednesday.
I don’t think that the audio track has an issue, other 4k movies also don’t work. But I‘ll also try if changing the audio has an influence. I‘m also under the impression that pass through doesn’t completely work. My receiver shows DTS, but not DTS HD.
You‘d expect that even high bitrate 4k material should play smoothly, right?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

for 4k content with HD audio, changing the buffering settings is highly recommended. Consumption bit-rates can be quite high.
mkc2lr

Post by mkc2lr »

I found the cause. Neither Apple TV nor MrMC caused my problems.
My network switch must have had some problems. Even reboot didn't help. Maybe some dirt in the connection. I found that the connection to the switch at the TV had only 100Mbit. After unplugging and replugging the network cable into the switch I had a gigabit connection. This solved the issue.
I don't have to change the buffer size and I don't have to change the method of acceleration. Everything without any problems now.
Thanks to everybody who helped !

Cheers,
Christof