1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Old TestFlight threads
timstephens24

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Post by timstephens24 »

Using your test files @davilla (the 2-APL Clipping.mp4 specifically) where reference black is supposed to be (16) it's grey. That's with my black level set to low (limited).
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 21:56 Using your test files @davilla (the 2-APL Clipping.mp4 specifically) where reference black is supposed to be (16) it's grey. That's with my black level set to low (limited).
MrMC is set to low (limited) or your hdtv is set to low (limited) ?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

MrMC set to limited, TV set to low (limited) = grey at 16
MrMC set to full, TV set to low (limited) = grey at 16 (no changes that I could see)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ok, found an issue with MrMC's limited setting.

1) It only seemed to apply for value found on app start up. A regression from v3.3.0.
2) The limited correction formula was incomplete.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

^^

(20171212-ac00381)
fixed non-working limited range

The limited range setting regression is fixed. Please retest color range.
diamonddog

Post by diamonddog »

davilla wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 16:35
diamonddog wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 08:33 I am not able to get DTS/DD passthrough working on the latest build. Everything I play is decoded and sent as per the audio settings (in my case 5.1 pcm).
Check tvOS settings. 'Reduce loud .. ' needs to be off.
It is off.
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Hello.
Installed latest TestFlight build.

Video levels looking pretty bad for SDR content, TV recordings etc.
My PVR add on is Mediaportal. Can play SDR TV recording in Mediaportal PC and looks normal.
Switch over to AppleTV 4K connected to same display, and recording is completely washed out, with letterbox bars in recorded content gray instead of black.

Reverting TestFlight build to 3.31 (171207.1831) remedies all, and SDR and HDR content looks great.

Reading fellow testers comments.... Just a note worth considering.

It is my understanding that the AppleTV preference setting of RGB Low is NOT limited range.
It is Full range RGB 0-255. ( low as in 0-255)
RGB High is limited, i.e. 16-235.

You only really should use RGB high (limited) if your display does not support full range video levels.
The way to test this, is to use patterns like AVS709 clipping patterns, and with RGB low selected, test playback with the white clipping patterns.
Full range support should yeild visible bars up to 255.
This may require tweaking of MrMC's video contrast/brightness preference setting in video playback mode, and then save as default.
(Normally requiring contrast to be reduced in MrMC to get the higher value whites to show)

If you can not see above 235, then your display can not support full range, and you need to use RGB High AppleTV preference setting.

If the display can not support full range, then altering the contrast setting will not allow white levels above 235, so reducing contrast will have no effect.

Although the AppleTV4k can up convert it's output to HDR, video purists desirable settings would be 4K SDR, RGB Low, and then Frame matching and Range on Auto.

That way, you get rich inky black MrMC interface, correct SDR Full range video levels, but still have ability to display HDR and Dolby Vision as required, without all your SDR content getting blown out to crap by force converting everything to HDR or Dolby Vision, which to this user makes the MRMC gui look rather plain Jane and washed out.

Of course some may prefer the super bright video display of force feeding SDR to your TV as HDR or DV, but it does not make the discussion of video levels particularly easy for the developers of this fine software, with all the TestFlight users running with different settings.

Apologies for the longish posting....just some food for thought people.
(Don't BBQ the cook)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

three6zerocool wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 10:19 Hello.
Installed latest TestFlight build.

Video levels looking pretty bad for SDR content, TV recordings etc.
My PVR add on is Mediaportal. Can play SDR TV recording in Mediaportal PC and looks normal.
Switch over to AppleTV 4K connected to same display, and recording is completely washed out, with letterbox bars in recorded content gray instead of black.

Reverting TestFlight build to 3.31 (171207.1831) remedies all, and SDR and HDR content looks great.

Reading fellow testers comments.... Just a note worth considering.

It is my understanding that the AppleTV preference setting of RGB Low is NOT limited range.
It is Full range RGB 0-255. ( low as in 0-255)
RGB High is limited, i.e. 16-235.

You only really should use RGB high (limited) if your display does not support full range video levels.
The way to test this, is to use patterns like AVS709 clipping patterns, and with RGB low selected, test playback with the white clipping patterns.
Full range support should yeild visible bars up to 255.
This may require tweaking of MrMC's video contrast/brightness preference setting in video playback mode, and then save as default.
(Normally requiring contrast to be reduced in MrMC to get the higher value whites to show)

If you can not see above 235, then your display can not support full range, and you need to use RGB High AppleTV preference setting.

If the display can not support full range, then altering the contrast setting will not allow white levels above 235, so reducing contrast will have no effect.

Although the AppleTV4k can up convert it's output to HDR, video purists desirable settings would be 4K SDR, RGB Low, and then Frame matching and Range on Auto.

That way, you get rich inky black MrMC interface, correct SDR Full range video levels, but still have ability to display HDR and Dolby Vision as required, without all your SDR content getting blown out to crap by force converting everything to HDR or Dolby Vision, which to this user makes the MRMC gui look rather plain Jane and washed out.

Of course some may prefer the super bright video display of force feeding SDR to your TV as HDR or DV, but it does not make the discussion of video levels particularly easy for the developers of this fine software, with all the TestFlight users running with different settings.

Apologies for the longish posting....just some food for thought people.
(Don't BBQ the cook)
Nice write up but lacking details on how your setup is setup :) Details please and what does https://www.dropbox.com/s/x86oq0van0r8x ... g.mp4?dl=0 show ? vs what do you expect ?

tvOS settings are ?
MrMC settings are ?

Last nights update gave me very rich colors with nice white and black levels. So I'm trying to understand why mine looks so good but yours looks so bad without buying an airplane ticket to visit you :)

tvOS settings: 4K/HDR, YCbCr 4:2:0
MrMC settings: Limited Off

I also tried 4K/SDR but could only get RGB low/high to show up with 1080p/SDR. Maybe need to change out the cable.

Also include if the default brightness/contrast in MrMC is anything besides the detail 50/50.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Newest TestFlight:

Unchecked "Use limited color range (16-235)" = reference 16 is black where it should be
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 20:12 Newest TestFlight:

Unchecked "Use limited color range (16-235)" = reference 16 is black where it should be
so good for you ?