1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Old TestFlight threads
drkhrse

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Post by drkhrse »

three6zerocool wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 08:20 For LG users, what does it say when you move mouse pointer to top left of screen and double click.
Mine says '2160p HDR BT2020 Dolby Audio
My C7 shows
16:9 2160p Dolby Audio Dolby Vision

For normal HDR it shows
16:9 2160p HDR BT.2020 Dolby Audio
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Hmm. Ok, thanks will try that file link.

I don't see the point of testing Dolby Vision file with the AppleTV4k locked in Dolby Vision mode, as it is converting everything to Dolby Vision, no matter what the origin content is, whether it contains meta data or not, SDR, HDR .. It will convert to Dolby Vision.

A true Dolby Vision file should trigger Dolby Vision recognition even if the ATV4k is in SDR mode.... Shouldn't it?. (As long as Auto range is enabled)

As for video levels, playing 1080p content looks fine to me, although AVS709 was washed out a couple of builds ago for me, but resolved with next TestFlight build.
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Downloaded that video file of extracted screensaver. Still no DolbyVision flag, and my TV says it is HDR.

However, went into video in MrMC settings,, and under acceleration, turned on 'allow HEVC HDR Content' and tried playing that screensaver again. This time it plays completely washed out with really raised blacks. So, do not know if that is similar to what other user reports with 1080p SDR content, as the screensaver is HDR. Turning that option off again restores black levels to glorious once more.

Regarding DolbyVision flags.... Stuff it. Can not make any of those files switch my C7 Oled into Dolby Vision. Am certain I should not have to force lock AppleTV4k into DolbyVision mode?

How come the ATV'4k Netflix app switches into Dolby Vision mode?
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Ok, discovered why no Dolby Vision flags for me.
I Started reverting MrMC Testflight builds.

Version 3.31 (171203.1534) makes the Dolby Vision flag appear for me, using those sample files linked,
and the screensaver one. TS, mkv, and mov all trigger the Dolby Vision flag of my Oled TV.

I was in HDR mode on ATV4k, with auto frame rate and range switched on.
As suspected, when playing those files, Dolby Vision kicked in, and I did not have to have the ATV4k locked into the permanent Dolby Vision encoding mode.

Latest 2 builds have borked something.

The user commenting on raised black levels is correct. Last two builds no longer display full range video levels. (No whites above 235). Black levels noticeably raised on SDR content.

Reverting back to above mentioned build instantly returns full range video levels, and Dolby Vision detection works again, and black levels look good again.

..cheers..
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

mikehadfield wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 13:21 I have the new FireTV 4K HDR box and when I try to install the test flight onto itnvia the Amazon App site the new box is not listed. It shows a "where are my other devices" section and the Fire 4K HDR is listed in there as not compatible with MrMC testflight.

Is the test flight going to be made available to this device? Given the zoomed in GUI issue I assumed that any tests and workarounds would be attempted via the test flight - as anyone with this new box currently cannot use the release version of MrMC unless they configure the new FireTV into 1080 mode.

One additional thing regarding the new FireTV 4K HDR is that auto framerate switching is not working in either the official plex app, or kodi. So this may need exploring for MrMC too.
Still working on resolving issues with the new FireTV 4K HDR box. Once we have something, there will be a testflight for it.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

three6zerocool wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 09:25 However, went into video in MrMC settings,, and under acceleration, turned on 'allow HEVC HDR Content' and tried playing that screensaver again. This time it plays completely washed out with really raised blacks. So, do not know if that is similar to what other user reports with 1080p SDR content, as the screensaver is HDR. Turning that option off again restores black levels to glorious once more.
You want to turn off 'allow HEVC HDR Content', that settings is for VideoToolBox. If enabled, then VideoToolBox handles the HEVC/HDR and VideoToolBox does not handle the HDR correctly as it only knows how to handle SDR.

To get HEVC/HDR/DolbyVision rendering right, it must use AVFoundation as the decoder.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

three6zerocool wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 10:49 Ok, discovered why no Dolby Vision flags for me.
I Started reverting MrMC Testflight builds.

Version 3.31 (171203.1534) makes the Dolby Vision flag appear for me, using those sample files linked,
and the screensaver one. TS, mkv, and mov all trigger the Dolby Vision flag of my Oled TV.

I was in HDR mode on ATV4k, with auto frame rate and range switched on.
As suspected, when playing those files, Dolby Vision kicked in, and I did not have to have the ATV4k locked into the permanent Dolby Vision encoding mode.

Latest 2 builds have borked something.

The user commenting on raised black levels is correct. Last two builds no longer display full range video levels. (No whites above 235). Black levels noticeably raised on SDR content.

Reverting back to above mentioned build instantly returns full range video levels, and Dolby Vision detection works again, and black levels look good again.

..cheers..
Grrr, sounds like I've broked something :) Back to the drawing board.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

(20171207-c2a5044)
fixed, darwin tvOS. only enable display rate tracking on appletv4k. values wander on appletv4
fixed, videotoolbox wrong color range check for FullRange
changed, hevc/hdr vector for videotoolbox to be only for 4K and DolbyVision
fixed, include smpte2085 in color matrix selection
ws1115

Post by ws1115 »

apple tv 4k play some h264 ts videos,
drag will be stuck
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ws1115 wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 22:05 apple tv 4k play some h264 ts videos,
drag will be stuck
Not sure we understand what "drag will be stuck" means. Please clarify.