1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fire TV 2 vs Fire TV 3 (AKA Fire TV 1.5)

Any issues that are FireTV specific
pawdog

Fire TV 2 vs Fire TV 3 (AKA Fire TV 1.5)

Post by pawdog »

Things I noticed so far
No pass through of HD audio. When attempting to play file with only HD audio, passthrough has to be turned off to get any audio at all. This does not happen on Fire TV 2.

FTV3 interface is jittery.

Audio sync is off on everything.

These my be native Kodi issues as I have found Kodi to be totally unusable on this device. Just thought I'd give a little feedback.
zac_df1

Re: Fire TV 2 vs Fire TV 3 (AKA Fire TV 1.5)

Post by zac_df1 »

Good morning dear MrMc Fans,
I just purchased Amazon Fire 2017 (+LAN adapter) including MrMc, as regular Kodi does not 'work' as stated above.
That is why I found your project.

All of the following issues I am reporting are working when playing those movies / files on my PC with Cyberlink Power DVD 17 (Video 4k/60hz and audio/e.g. Atmos) via HDMI directly to my Yamaha audio receiver.

On MrMc many movies are played (i.e. video is ok), some are very very slow with permanent hickups.
Dolby Atmos I did not manage at all to get to work.
I have tried multiple source files with various encodings.
In max Video works, Atmos never works.

My Yamaha Audio receiver in max displays Dolby Digital+ but NEVER TrueHD (which it shows along Atmos via PC).
When displaying the audio details along playback of the video it clearly states 7.1.
Ceiling loud speakers are not active (Atmos content not there despite it is there via PC).

Passthrough enable does not provide any audio at all, sounds like muted then.
In expert mode I have enabled all relevant AC3 capabilities.
My audio setup is 5.1.2 - so I have tried 7.1, 5.1 and 2.0 - none provides Atmos.

In Fire's Audio setup I have tried various settings from Auto Dolby to via HDMI ...

Maybe I have missed one combination.
Could you please be so kind to list the settings required in Fire+MrMc to have Atmos working ? So I based on this then know that the issue is with my content and / or personal setup other than Fire.
In case I should provide further info, feel free to ask for it anytime.

Are you aware of this issue and working on it ?
So far I rate the Fire 2017 as not useable for playing local content.
If not changed soon, I will send back the Fire 2017 to Amazon.

Thank you and regards
;-)

My setup as follows (same as when playback from PC where it works with Cyberlink PowerDVD 17):
-Yamaha Audio Receiver RX-A850
-5.1.2 audio layout
-Fire TV 2017+original LAN adapter (WLAN is drastically worse)
-QNAP NAS with dual 1GBit LAN cable, 2 4TB discs as Raid 1
-1GBit switch having both Fire+QNAP connected

Side info/although not relevant here:
-FritzBox 7490 as internet bridge, switch directly connected to it
-Internet connection cable 50MBit up/500 down, values proven and measured
-Samsung 55" 4k (pure display, audio via Yamaha)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Many reports issues with Fire 2017. Not just with MrMC. Seems their firmware is messed up.

As for TrueHD/Atmos, unless the Fire 2017 can support 192KHz sample rate and pass it through, it cannot support TrueHD/Atmos passthrough. The other FireTV flavors do not support 192KHz sample rate.

It is also unclear if the Fire 2017 properly supports 7.1 multichannel PCM.

For my FireTV 1/2, MrMC set to 7.1 channels, DD and DTS passthrough enabled, IEC frame packing enabled.
zac_df1

Post by zac_df1 »

Thank you for your reply stating that FireTV 2017 has significant issues.
How can Amazon then advertise that it supports Dolby Atmos ?
So I will send it back to Amazon as it does not look like a fix to be available and I don't want to be stranded with a device not supporting my minimum needs.

My backup plan is himedia Q10 pro, hope it does not get too much OT here. So how do I install MrMc on there with my licence purchased within Amazon ?
I guess you are not supporting Q10 pro, as I did not find anything on your site ?!
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

zac_df1 wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 09:43 Thank you for your reply stating that FireTV 2017 has significant issues.
So I will send it back to Amazon as it does not look like a fix to be available and I don't want to be stranded with a device not supporting my minimum needs.

My backup plan is himedia Q10 pro, hope it does not get too much OT here. So how do I install MrMc on there with my licence purchased within Amazon ?
I guess you are not supporting Q10 pro, as I did not find anything on your site ?!
I've read that other devices have supported Atmos by sending the Atmos data along with a regular dolby digital plus stream. Does DD+ require 192kHz sampling rate capability?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 12:44
zac_df1 wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 09:43 Thank you for your reply stating that FireTV 2017 has significant issues.

I've read that other devices have supported Atmos by sending the Atmos data along with a regular dolby digital plus stream. Does DD+ require 192kHz sampling rate capability?
Depends on flavor, DD+ can be less channels than 7.1 but generally, to support passthrough, the device must be capable of 192kHz.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

Is it possible on the new FireTV 3 to utilize AmCodec for 1080i h264 advanced deinterlacing what the chip is supporting, just don't know if it is possible to use on the Fire OS 6? Considering buying the new box just cause of that...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

vlaves wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 21:20 Is it possible on the new FireTV 3 to utilize AmCodec for 1080i h264 advanced deinterlacing what the chip is supporting, just don't know if it is possible to use on the Fire OS 6? Considering buying the new box just cause of that...
Sorry, no. AmCodec is gone, never to return. MediaCodec is the new shinny.
vlaves

Post by vlaves »

davilla wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 23:11
vlaves wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 21:20 Is it possible on the new FireTV 3 to utilize AmCodec for 1080i h264 advanced deinterlacing what the chip is supporting, just don't know if it is possible to use on the Fire OS 6? Considering buying the new box just cause of that...
Is then Amazon at least utilizing the Hardware properly within mediacodec for deinterlacing? Do you know anything about it? Those Amlogic SoCs are doing a really awesome job on deinterlacing when backed properly into firmware. And I am not sure about that reg. the Fire TV 3.

@Devs do you have the new box too and Test on it, so you would be able to comment on that?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

vlaves wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 09:18
davilla wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 23:11
Is then Amazon at least utilizing the Hardware properly within mediacodec for deinterlacing? Do you know anything about it? Those Amlogic SoCs are doing a really awesome job on deinterlacing when backed properly into firmware. And I am not sure about that reg. the Fire TV 3.

@Devs do you have the new box too and Test on it, so you would be able to comment on that?
Zero clue what Amazon is doing.

We do not have a firetv3 for testing. Might get one.