1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Problems with DD (AC3) sound

Any issues that are FireTV specific
edgarcillo

Problems with DD (AC3) sound

Post by edgarcillo »

Hello I dont really know what happened, if it was the new MrMC or the new fire TV updated I just received yesterday night but every time I try to watch a movie with DD sound it sounds like crazy, like if I would have left press one key from my keyboard, only a cliking noise. This doesnt happen with DTS or if I disable the pass-through for DD and DD+.I tried already playing the videos using different players including kodi in my computer with pass-through activated and everything sounds good this is happening only with MrMC.

Log attached here https://pastebin.com/Cygn5V8Y
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Problems with DD (AC3) sound

Post by davilla »

is IEC format enabled ?
edgarcillo

Post by edgarcillo »

Just checked and yes it is activated but I havent change anything since the last time it was working, just yesterday, The only thing I can think about is the new update I received last night for my fire tv.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

will recheck my firetv2, what version is listed in the fireOS GUI ?

debuglog says Amazon AFTS with Android 5.1.1 API level 22
edgarcillo

Post by edgarcillo »

Just to let you know. I disable the IEC option and the sound is back to normal so it works ok without it and have, or at least i have, issues with it.

The fire software says version 5.2.6.0 and the information that MrMc shows is android 5.1.1 Api level 2
edgarcillo

Post by edgarcillo »

Hello Davilla. So now that disable the IEC option I have AC3 sound back, some time it cuts a little bit after I pause/play the video but now I see that DTS s not working either, i am getting just a buzzing sound. I though it was working but i noticed had activated the DTS-HD option so i was passing the sound as PCM, After I enable the DTS passthrough I am just getting this buzzing sound.

Is there anyting i cna do to get back the DTS sound as it used to work and maybe the DD completely normal without getting cut after I pause/play the video?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Updated to version 5.2.6.0.

channels 7.1 (I have amp that can do 7.1)
passthrough and all passthrough flavors checked
IEC checked.

DTS is fine
DD (ac3) is fine
DD+ (eac3) shows multi-channel as the firetv1/2 does not have a audio sample rate of 192kHz which is required to passthough eac3.