1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Bad playback apple tv

tvOS Video playback support subforum
timstephens24

Re: Bad playback apple tv

Post by timstephens24 »

Since we're talking VC-1 here... I just got the Ocean's Collection, and Ocean's Eleven doesn't play very well. Hopefully a few different VC-1 flavors can help you out.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

timstephens24 wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 11:52 Since we're talking VC-1 here... I just got the Ocean's Collection, and Ocean's Eleven doesn't play very well. Hopefully a few different VC-1 flavors can help you out.
I think "on some flavors" means some platforms, not flavors of VC1.

I'm very curious how infuse is playing it properly. Codec info when playing back vc1 (with ff-vc1) certainly shows the CPU usage maxing out.

Now there's transcoding from Plex but not everybody uses Plex.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I too am curious as to what Infuse did and specially if they modified FFMpeg with speed ups.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Just an update:

Playing around with VC1 on my iPad Pro 10.5 plays back smooth, so I'm hopeful the new Apple TV will be able to handle it similarly since they have the same SoC.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 21:32 Just an update:

Playing around with VC1 on my iPad Pro 10.5 plays back smooth, so I'm hopeful the new Apple TV will be able to handle it similarly since they have the same SoC.
It will, nothing beats more ponies :)
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

hmmmm :?: Nothing substitutes cubic inches than having even more cubic inches? But damn... this would mean RAM... :lol:
spankydude99

Post by spankydude99 »

It appears .m2ts files skip a bit when playing, only since 3.2.0 update on Apple TV 4. The issue I'm referring to only seems to occur on .m2ts files and while video being played is panning. The "skip" I'm referring to is not too significant, but noticeable. Audio is not impacted whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running hard-wired so bandwidth or internet speed is not the issue. This issue was never present prior to 3.2.0.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

spankydude99 wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 01:00 It appears .m2ts files skip a bit when playing, only since 3.2.0 update on Apple TV 4. The issue I'm referring to only seems to occur on .m2ts files and while video being played is panning. The "skip" I'm referring to is not too significant, but noticeable. Audio is not impacted whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running hard-wired so bandwidth or internet speed is not the issue. This issue was never present prior to 3.2.0.
debuglog please
spankydude99

Post by spankydude99 »

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

thx, known issue. Pretty sure it's fixed in testflight for v3.3.0 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1399