1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.1.0

Old TestFlight threads
Everbrave

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by Everbrave »

davilla wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 18:11 20170906-f79f901
height of progress lines increased , 6 -> 10

tvOS/iOS for now.
I understand it's a personal preference, but, larger icons would be nice :)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I liked the weight a lot better at 6, but this might be better to start it off then tone it back down.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

timstephens24 wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 18:53 I liked the weight a lot better at 6, but this might be better to start it off then tone it back down.
I also liked it thiner; now it looks too bulky for the icon size. As an orientation, it is around as thick as Plex progress-bar but Plex's Thumbnail/icon is much bigger. The progress bars in Estuary skin on Kodi 17 are even thinner.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Everbrave wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 20:38
timstephens24 wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 18:53 I liked the weight a lot better at 6, but this might be better to start it off then tone it back down.
I also liked it thiner; now it looks too bulky for the icon size. As an orientation, it is around as thick as Plex progress-bar but Plex's Thumbnail/icon is much bigger. The progress bars in Estuary skin on Kodi 17 are even thinner.
I hate that every conversation here starts or ends with ".. thats how it is in Kodi..." :)

we have opted to use one skin for all platforms, so think of those bars on iOS and handheld devices
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

amet wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 20:41
I hate that every conversation here starts or ends with ".. thats how it is in Kodi..." :)

we have opted to use one skin for all platforms, so think of those bars on iOS and handheld devices
You skipped over Plex but when Kodi was mentioned you didn't like it very much :) I imagine that there is some Kodi "sensitivity" here ;)
Well, I am sure you know that you will need another UI, designed from ground up and not another skin, for MrMC to get rid of this Kodi "taste".

You are, however, correct; the Estuary skin scales horribly on iOS devices.
But by all means, the thickness of bars depend on the size of the Thumbnails; in my eyes, the bars are too thick but probably you will get a different opinion from every two or three users. Functionality does not suffer either way.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Everbrave wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 21:01

You skipped over Plex but when Kodi was mentioned you didn't like it very much :) I imagine that there is some Kodi "sensitivity" here ;)
Well, I am sure you know that you will need another UI, designed from ground up and not another skin, for MrMC to get rid of this Kodi "taste".

But by all means, the thickness of bars depend on the size of the Thumbnails; in my eyes, the bars are too thick but probably you will get a different opinion from every two or three users. Functionality does not suffer either way.
heh, no sensitivity at all... we were both part of XBMC/Kodi. I have no particular issues with Plex either, Plex guys were also part of XBMC in early days.

I think we will leave it as is for now and see what the larger audience says, if anyone bothers to respond :)

thanks for the feedback
amet
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

amet wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 21:08
Everbrave wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 21:01

heh, no sensitivity at all... we were both part of XBMC/Kodi. I have no particular issues with Plex either, Plex guys were also part of XBMC in early days.

I think we will leave it as is for now and see what the larger audience says, if anyone bothers to respond :)

thanks for the feedback
amet
One of the things I like about you guys is that you "respond" and fast; that is actually a big deal; Thanks for the continued effort.
funkydan2

Post by funkydan2 »

davilla wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 12:36 MythTV plugin is getting bumped to next testflight (3.2). We really want to get 3.1 out.
Yep, I had picked that up. And thanks heaps for working on this! I realise that dropping in code from Kodi isn't trivial.

However, there's still a bug I've come across, unrelated to MythTV.

When I first ran the app (20170906-f79f901 and the previous version) the skin goes dim/all the elements become translucent and unresponsive. I went into the settings (which was tricky as every second or so I had to click the menu button) and reset the skin settings to default. This didn't change the behaviour. However, I then tried some other skins (Amber and then the previous MrMC default) and these skins didn't exhibit the same bug. Then I selected the Opacity skin again and now the skin behaves as expected.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Everbrave wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 21:12 One of the things I like about you guys is that you "respond" and fast; that is actually a big deal; Thanks for the continued effort.
It seems like they actually care about their app or something. Crazy..
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

davilla wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 18:11 20170906-f79f901
height of progress lines increased , 6 -> 10

tvOS/iOS for now.
I'm good with this. If some complain, I don't mind it a bit thinner.

Also, any chance of the "All Seasons" being fixed or is that going to wait for the next test? It shows up in wall view despite being turned off. Thanks!