1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

can the mysql database be updated without mrmc?

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
theRCRH

can the mysql database be updated without mrmc?

Post by theRCRH »

While I get that the centralized database is nice if you have multiple clients I'm looking for another feature that doesn't seem to be addressed. If I get my mrmc database running on my UnRaid server I still have to wait for a library scan to complete each time I start up MRMC on my multiple fireTv's. That seems like something that could be done in the middle of the night or any time new content is added. I've got a pretty big library and having to wait for eight drives to spin up and 10tb to be scanned through to add one new show that I want to watch is frustrating. I really want to turn on my firetv and KNOW that my database is up to date & ready to go.
Have I missed "the trick" that everyone else is using? Or do I have to move to plex or emby for my back end?
Thanks in advance.
timstephens24

Re: can the mysql database be updated without mrmc?

Post by timstephens24 »

Personally, I have a Raspberry Pi 2 that's running 24/7 and it will do a library update every 2 hours, which picks up my new DVR stuff. When I rip a BluRay I use Filebot to rename and sort it into the right folder, and part of that also sends a JSON API update message to force an update.
theRCRH

Post by theRCRH »

timstephens24 wrote:Personally, I have a Raspberry Pi 2 that's running 24/7 and it will do a library update every 2 hours, which picks up my new DVR stuff. When I rip a BluRay I use Filebot to rename and sort it into the right folder, and part of that also sends a JSON API update message to force an update.
Tim, I'm guessing your rpi is running mrmc or kodi?

It would be disappointing if my always on server wasn't enough and that I'd have to go out and buy another computer & keep it running to do this.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

It's running LibreELEC (Kodi). What's the server that you use? There's other options that you can probably do. I have the MySQL server and all the files running on a Synology NAS, and there's probably a way I could run a headless Kodi Docker, but doing it that way for me would probably be a huge pain. A RPi is extremely low power usage, so having it run all the time isn't a huge deal for me.
theRCRH

Post by theRCRH »

timstephens24 wrote:It's running LibreELEC (Kodi). What's the server that you use? There's other options that you can probably do. I have the MySQL server and all the files running on a Synology NAS, and there's probably a way I could run a headless Kodi Docker, but doing it that way for me would probably be a huge pain. A RPi is extremely low power usage, so having it run all the time isn't a huge deal for me.
I'm running an UnRaid server on pretty seriously low end hardware. I've just started looking at docker and hadn't thought that I'd be able to run kodi in a docker. hmmm.

BTW, I hadn't heard of LibreElec. I used to run OpenElec. Is this a competition or a progression of the project?