1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Couldn't open database on iPAD

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
virtualdanny

Couldn't open database on iPAD

Post by virtualdanny »

Hello,

I just purchased this great app to have on my iPad.

When trying to connect to my existing MariaDB on my Synology, I get the following error each time I press 'Enable':
"Couldn't open database. Failed to set the new configuration. Please check your settings."

I have both my computer and media center box set up to connect to my SQL without any errors, both running Kodi 16.

I am using the following settings, which is alligned with my AdvancedSettings.xml:
IP: 10.0.0.200
Port: 3306
username: kodi
password: kodi
Video DB: kodi_video
Music DB: kodi_music

Question: when connecting to database, I should enter the exisiting DB name, right? I'm not supposed to make "kodi_video1" in the new DB name?

I can't access debug logs, since when I try to activate the Web Server it instantly says "Failed to start" (I suppose this doesn't work on iPad?)

I have tried the following:
  • Restarted MariaDB
    Flushed hosts in phpMyAdmin
    Watched a netflix show
    Grant all access to kodi DB in phpMyAdmin
Thanks!
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Couldn't open database on iPAD

Post by amet »

if your AdvancedSettings on other kodi installations have video and music database name then you must make sure the same is in MrMC, if you have not specified database names in kodi AS then leave default settings in MrMC

I have seen some reports of issues with mariaDB, as far as I know it was server issue...
virtualdanny

Post by virtualdanny »

amet wrote:if your AdvancedSettings on other kodi installations have video and music database name then you must make sure the same is in MrMC, if you have not specified database names in kodi AS then leave default settings in MrMC

I have seen some reports of issues with mariaDB, as far as I know it was server issue...
Thanks, but this is what I see is done with the DB:

In my AdvancedSettings.xml on Kodi, I have specified DB name as
<name>kodi_video</name>
<name>kodi_music</name>

In MariaDB, the result is:
kodi_video93
kodi_music52

When I try to connect MrMC to MySQL with DB name "kodi_video" and "kodi_music" it makes new databases:
kodi_video99
kodi_music56

How do I get it to use the same DB as I already have?
Can it be a DB version conflict? I'm using Kodi v15.2 on my media box, and Kodi v15.1 on my PC.
I said I used Kodi 16 in my first thread, which is wrong.

Thanks again for your reply! :-)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Kodi adds those numbers at the end depending on the version of Kodi that you're running (this ensure there's no database issues for new things that they add). If you want Kodi to use the same MySQL DB, then you'll need everything to be on the same Kodi version. I'd recommend just updating your 15.2 and 15.1 to 16.

Here's the link to show the database versions:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions
virtualdanny

Post by virtualdanny »

Hello,

The solution was to update Kodi 15.x to Kodi 16.x on all my clients.
So the error was a result of different database versions.

Thanks for the fast replies and support!