1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Setting up MySQL on NAS using phpMyAdmin  [SOLVED]

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
LastStarfighter

Setting up MySQL on NAS using phpMyAdmin

Post by LastStarfighter »

Hi

Ok, I'm struggling to set up MySQL on MrMC on my Dlink DNS 327l NAS using the NAS add on phpMyAdmin.

I've managed to set up a user via phpMyAdmin and granted full access.

I've set up the Server as my NAS drive 10.0.1.5 in the MySQL settings of MrMC and tried to define a video database name of mrmcvideos. When I click enable I get 'couldn't open database'.

My ATV 4 IP is 10.0.1.10

I tried some of the tips from the forum topic 'Enabling MySQL' with no luck. I get messages from phpMyAdmin like database doesn't exist etc.

e.g I tried GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mrmc%.*` To 'mrmc'@'10.0.1.10’ IDENTIFIED BY 'mrmc';;
flush privileges;

I'm at a loss, could be its just gone midnight, though it's likely just me.

Cheers
LS
timstephens24

Re: Setting up MySQL on NAS using phpMyAdmin  [SOLVED]

Post by timstephens24 »

When you run the following on your Dlink do you have any 'MyVideo', 'MyMusic', 'mrmcvideo', or 'mrmcmusic' databases?

Code: Select all

show databases;
Also make sure the user was created with the following:

SELECT User FROM mysql.user;
If not create your user and define your permissions (I would recommend not setting an IP, but if you want to get more specific I would set something like 'mrmc'@'10.0.1.%'):

CREATE USER 'mrmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'mrmc';
GRANT ALL ON `mrmcvideos%`.* TO 'mrmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mrmc';
GRANT ALL ON `mrmcmusic%`.* TO 'mrmc'@'%' IDENTFIEID BY 'mrmc';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
If so make sure the permissions are set properly:

SHOW GRANTS FOR 'mdmc';
Side note: If the only thing you're running MySQL for is Kodi/MrMC, then by all means use the following permissions:

GRANT ALL ON *.* to 'mrmc';
Last edited by timstephens24 on 28 Dec 2015, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
LastStarfighter

Re: Setting up MySQL on NAS using phpMyAdmin

Post by LastStarfighter »

timstephens24...You have have been a great help, hail to you!! :D

I followed your instructions and it's scanning movies as I type.

I did get a couple of syntax type errors, that I basically ignored as I wasn't she what they meant. However all is working.

I can't believe how fast the library scan is compared to what it used to ben my ATV2 Kodi install.

Thanks again for your help timstephens24.

Cheers
LS
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Glad it's working!
r3vvedup

Post by r3vvedup »

I keep going around in circles with this and i'm getting annoyed. The support from the developers is not good at all.

I have a database setup with Kodi ip address/phpmyadmin.

All i want to do is set it up for mrmc as well. i'm far from an expert so i dont need any crazy computer lingo. i setup the original database while following a youtube video.

help me get this setup for mrmc please and make my $6 worth it.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

r3vvedup wrote:I keep going around in circles with this and i'm getting annoyed. The support from the developers is not good at all.

I have a database setup with Kodi ip address/phpmyadmin.

All i want to do is set it up for mrmc as well. i'm far from an expert so i dont need any crazy computer lingo. i setup the original database while following a youtube video.

help me get this setup for mrmc please and make my $6 worth it.
MrMC support MySQL under kodi v16.x series. If you are using Kodi v17 alpha/beta. Sorry, not compatible.
http://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52 is a very clear explination of what do do.

As this is your 1st post, not sure why you say "support from the developers is not good at all". ?