1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC MySQL sharing to Kodi on ATv2

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
LastStarfighter

MrMC MySQL sharing to Kodi on ATv2

Post by LastStarfighter »

Hi

I've just bought MrMC for my new ATV4 :D .

I have an existing ATV2 that I've re-installed Kodi on as a fresh install. Have been a long term XBMC/Kodi user....thought a basic no add ons kind of user at that.

I'll be doing a fresh library 'scrape' for my ATV4 MrMC install, linking to MySQL on my NAS.

I have a few questions if I may....

Can I in turn share the subsequent MrMC MySQL db to the ATV2 Kodi install, are they 'compatable?

Will future updates to MrMC, possibly mean that db versions change and I can no longer use it along side my ATV2 Kodi install?...Which will no longer be supported by Kodi as I understand it.

Is there a dummies guide anyone can point me to to get the MySQL side of things working on my ATV2 Kodi install?.....I've looked at the Kodi wiki, it's a bit confusing for me.

Cheers
Jeff
LastStarfighter

Re: MrMC MySQL sharing to Kodi on ATv2

Ok, from what I can tell the MySQL sharing solution won't work for me where I have MrMC populating MySQL and sharing that with my ATV2 install.

I'm thinking from reading up, that it is because MrMC and the Kodi install on my ATV2 are using different database versions?

I created an advancedsettings.xml file pointing to the MySQL setup. The Kodi install on the ATV2 was a fresh install, so no existing library. When I added a movie source it seemed to do a full scan. When done it didn't pick up shows marked as watched etc on the ATV4 setup.

Edited: To show Advancedsettings,xnl file added to Kodi install on ATV2. What it seems to have done, in addition to the above, is create a new set of databases on the MySQL server.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>10.0.1.5</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>mrmc</user>
<pass>mrmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>10.0.1.5</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>mrmc</user>
<pass>mrmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Cheers
LS
LastStarfighter

Just bumping in case anyone has any thoughts/responses to my topic?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I am not sure what the latest Kodi version is on ATV2, but if you want to share it with MrMC on ATV4/iOS it has to be 15.2