1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Explain when to use MySQL...

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
Jasell

Explain when to use MySQL...

Post by Jasell »

Hi,
I have all my media on my QNAP NAS.
The media is shared using NFS share, is this better than SMB? I can do both...
-this has been my setup for several media centers based on popcorn hour and boxeebox.

On my QNAP I have the option to run MySQL, would this improve my MrMC experience?
Would this be better if I have more Apple TV's with MrMC?

I do believe having one central location for media data and graphics seems better if I have many players, Apple Tv's or iPads. Like plex in this aspect.

Thanks for any elaborations on this...
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Explain when to use MySQL...

Post by amet »

yes, MySql is preferred as it can be shared with other devices on the network. Another MrMC or Kodi installation, on any device
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Jasell wrote:Hi,
I have all my media on my QNAP NAS.
The media is shared using NFS share, is this better than SMB? I can do both...
If it ain't broke don't fix it. There's differences for both, but if it's working for you, stick with it.
Jasell wrote: On my QNAP I have the option to run MySQL, would this improve my MrMC experience?
Would this be better if I have more Apple TV's with MrMC?
Oh yeah, it'll definitely be better if you have more than one Apple TV. I use MySQL to sync between five Apple TVs and one Windows box running Kodi. It keeps everything on the different Apple TVs in sync for what's been watched, and the Windows box pushes everything to Trakt when I'm done so other things like Plex are updated for on the go watching.
Jasell

Post by Jasell »

Thanks!
I'll experiment with running MySQL and Kodi on my QNAP.
Trakt support would be good to sync my Infuse activities, it's good for local media on the go with my iPad.