1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Strange issue on mySQL database

Support for any MySQL database connection issues
whityini

Strange issue on mySQL database

Post by whityini »

First of all my biggest thank for bringing our favourite media center into the new AppleTv.
And now my issue.
I have all my media file into a remote nas under a MySQL database and this configuration works perfectly with Kodi.
Now I have configured MrMC in this way:
Firstly I have mapped my remote source directories for video and TV series. I can browse the files inside these directories and also start playing any media.
Then I have configured MySQL parameters into the relative menu: ip of the nas, name and password of the database.
The system recognizes the database information and in the Video and TV Series menu are shown with the correct metadata.
The issue is that while I can start playing the TV Series without any problem when I try to start a movie the system tells me that the file is not more available.
Considering that the video database is the same for movie and series tv and that the same database works well under kodi system, I don't really understand what could be the reason.
An help will be really appreciate.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Strange issue on mySQL database

Post by davilla »

which file server format is your nas exporting ?
whityini

Post by whityini »

SMB if you mean that.
Nagsterus

Post by Nagsterus »

If you start a library update in MrMC, does it try to duplicate all your movies? If so, stop it before it makes a mess, and you may have a similar issue that I did. My years-old XBMC/Kodi MySQL database for some reason had the same sources interpreted differently than MrMC. If you're comfortable with MySQL, you can use Workbench to look at the myvideos database. Look at the path, files, and movie tables and try to find out what MrMC sees as the sources. For me, it looked like Kodi was using some old configuration of the sources that had a password embedded, so the "fix" was to run some SQL commands to force the movie and files tables to see the sources as MrMC does, but this "fix" may cause issues if you're trying to share the library with different installs of Kodi and MrMC, so back the DB up first.
whityini

Post by whityini »

Thanks Nagsterus I fixed it.
I take a look inside myvideos database and I have find out that for all the movies the name of the server into the path was written in lowercase while for the tv shows the name was in uppercase. So I changed the name in uppercase and now the film start without any problem.
Problem solved.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

was your original advancedsettings.xml in upper or lower ?
whityini

Post by whityini »

in advancesettings.xml was indicated as an ip and not as a name