1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Screensaver on Apple TV4

tvOS Video playback support subforum
timstephens24

Re: Screensaver on Apple TV4

Post by timstephens24 » 08 Apr 2017, 14:43

davilla wrote:
08 Apr 2017, 13:35
mitrestreet wrote:
08 Apr 2017, 07:28
I am now seeing that if I pause and the screensaver kicks in, resuming does not dismiss the screensaver - I can hear the audio continuing, and have to press menu to get video back.
debuglog showing this behavior please.
I've reported this, done a debug log, and shown a video of this happening to me. Hopefully yours shows something mine didn't.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 08 Apr 2017, 17:59

I just tried this, started a video, let it play a bit. paused. wait for appletv4 screen saver to kick it. select gets me back into mrmc, unpause. both audio and video are present and life is good.

Clearly there is something different somewhere.

Exactly how are you pausing ?

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 08 Apr 2017, 18:31

davilla wrote:
08 Apr 2017, 17:59
I just tried this, started a video, let it play a bit. paused. wait for appletv4 screen saver to kick it. select gets me back into mrmc, unpause. both audio and video are present and life is good.

Clearly there is something different somewhere.

Exactly how are you pausing ?
you're cheating. :) don't press select first. just press play with the screensaver on.

also, test with other screensavers, not just aerial. in the past only aerial would allow video to start playing again.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 08 Apr 2017, 18:40

Reproduced. I hardly ever use the play/pause button :)

disableScreenSaver in MainController is missing the critical call to resetSystemIdleTimer. On tvOS, the only way to get out of the screensaver is call ourself to open an custom URL that is registered to ourselves :) resetSystemIdleTimer does that.

Fixed but will miss the 1st testflight push out.