1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Bad playback apple tv

tvOS Video playback support subforum
spankydude99

Re: Bad playback apple tv

Post by spankydude99 »

Thanks for prompt response and awesome support!
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

I can understand that some want to stick with the hardware as long as possible, but it doesn't help to "beat a dead horse". The A8 has its limitation and is even less suitable than the Amlogic S802/S902 SoC used in Android boxes.
I have tried really many apps on ATV4 and if one wants to play all media smoothly, nothing beats Plex which, again, requires some powerful HW on which PMS can transcode the different numerous video formats.
The ATV 4K is admittedly expensive but it saves a lot of time and money trying the different players. Even the older infuse 4.3 has again come to life as well as VLC, PlyerXtreme, Squire, etc.
The wisdom is that investing in new hardware is a dominant strategy because one will need to do so sooner or later.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

His issue is not an A8 vs A10X issue.

VideoToolBox is re-initing when pps changes and it should ignore that unless sps also changes.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

davilla wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 19:41 His issue is not an A8 vs A10X issue.

VideoToolBox is re-initing when pps changes and it should ignore that unless sps also changes.
I thought it played smoothly on iPad Pro 10.5; but I am sure you found-out the correct cause.
Anyway, my reply was intended to be generic in the sense of better HW often results in a better SW and it will come eventually to a limit where it is better to upgrade the HW instead of tweaking the code, e.g. earlier, I used to write code using Integer types to save execution time, which needed scaling and taking care of the order of magnitude, etc., now it is easier to use floating-point since the CPU can afford it.
Obviously, the best HW won't help a buggy code.