1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Adding Metadata with updating database

tvOS Video playback support subforum
Guatrau

Post by Guatrau » 26 Feb 2016, 14:01

Hello,

If i add a new movie it shows in the library, but without the movie information (metadata). If i choose to add it manually it works great, but why is the movie information not added automatically?

jabohn

Re: Adding Metadata with updating database

Post by jabohn » 26 Feb 2016, 19:22

Please explain the steps you are taking to "add the movie".

Guatrau

Post by Guatrau » 02 Mar 2016, 17:43

jabohn wrote:Please explain the steps you are taking to "add the movie".
I copy the map with the movie (.mkv) to my movie share. Then i open the MrMc app on the Apple TV. My movie library are scanned. The new map with the new movie is visible, but without the metadata (movie information), so i need to trigger the metadata collection manually to complete.

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 02 Mar 2016, 20:22

I don't know what you mean by "map".

What steps do you take to scan your library? Scanning only happens manually or when MrMC launches (if enabled). If MrMC was already running in the background then it won't scan automatically.

Scanning and metadata collection are done at the same time so I don't see how you could be doing either one separately. When you set up your movie share, you need to tell it what to use for movie metadata, such as themoviedb.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 02 Mar 2016, 20:51

there is a setting, enable lib scan on start. this has been mapped to do a lib scan every time you move from background to foreground.

Looxoor

Post by Looxoor » 04 Mar 2016, 16:46

davilla wrote:there is a setting, enable lib scan on start. this has been mapped to do a lib scan every time you move from background to foreground.
Is it possible to separate the mappings to two separate options?

I'd rather just have true on start scan, and then manually trigger it otherwise.

And if people want the new way they should.

It has happened on several occasions that a scan has been triggered while I'm organizing my files and folders, thus adding wrong info making me have to clean the library which takes five to ten minutes.

Would be really appreciated!

Guatrau

Post by Guatrau » 04 Mar 2016, 17:48

jabohn wrote:I don't know what you mean by "map".

What steps do you take to scan your library? Scanning only happens manually or when MrMC launches (if enabled). If MrMC was already running in the background then it won't scan automatically.

Scanning and metadata collection are done at the same time so I don't see how you could be doing either one separately. When you set up your movie share, you need to tell it what to use for movie metadata, such as themoviedb.
That's exactly the problem. Scanning works ok, the new folder is visible, but the metadata collection much be triggered by hand.

Looxoor

Post by Looxoor » 04 Mar 2016, 18:48

If everything's been added properly with sources set up etc, movies and series should be under their own menus, folders only exists in the file browser, not the library.

Take a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_management

If you haven't already.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 04 Mar 2016, 18:55

Looxoor wrote:
davilla wrote:there is a setting, enable lib scan on start. this has been mapped to do a lib scan every time you move from background to foreground.
Is it possible to separate the mappings to two separate options?

I'd rather just have true on start scan, and then manually trigger it otherwise.

And if people want the new way they should.

It has happened on several occasions that a scan has been triggered while I'm organizing my files and folders, thus adding wrong info making me have to clean the library which takes five to ten minutes.

App start only happens once (if we don't crash or are forced to quit)

Looxoor

Post by Looxoor » 04 Mar 2016, 19:08

davilla wrote:
Looxoor wrote:

App start only happens once (if we don't crash or are forced to quit)
I know, and that's why I like it that way, because of what I mentioned above.
I'd just like the option to choose behavior, otherwise I'll just turn it off completely, no biggie.

It was just a surprise suddenly seeing it behave that way, especially when it's still labeled "on start", a bit confusing.
I actually reported it as a bug in TestFlight as it really stood out as a new/unexpected behavior.

Just my two cents.