1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

3D MVC files not playing in 2D  [SOLVED]

tvOS Video playback support subforum
UsefulG

3D MVC files not playing in 2D  [SOLVED]

Post by UsefulG »

I have ripped all my blurays to MKV format and then added these to Plex server.

When I play them in MrMC on TVOS (latest testflight) or iOS (App Store version) 3D MVC files do not play in 2D on either device.

I have tested playback of these files on other devices with the same settings:

Settings->Videos->Playback

Playback Mode of Stererscopic 3d videos = Monoscopic/2D
Disable stereoscopic 3D mode when playback ended = ticked

Settings->Video Output

Stereoscopic 3d mode/Current = Disabled
-Preferred Mode = Same as movie

On the windows store version of Kodi on Windows 10 and Libreelec 8.2.5 on Rpi it works correctly but on the ATV4 and iPad the Stereoscopic mode popup says "Monoscopic/2D" but the movie is never displayed. Checking the Plex server I can see that it is being direct played.

I have followed the naming convention from this thread viewtopic.php?t=115 but it doesn't seem to work. I have attached a debug log, hopefully someone can help me with this one.

https://pastebin.com/sgupjqmE
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: 3D MVC files not playing in 2D

Post by davilla »

3D MVC is not supported, there is no way to send the hdmi signals to enable 3d support to the display under iOS/tvOS.
UsefulG

Post by UsefulG »

Hi Davilla, I have searched the topic before I posted and I understand that it is not possible to get 3D output but I thought it was possible to playback 3D movies as 2D with MrMC.

I read the thread referenced in my original post which suggested I can name the files in a specific way and I could get a 2D output, have I misunderstood the thread?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

try with hw decoders turned off
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Unless there is some magic in MrMC I didn't find out, yet, MVC is not supported.

The only 3D formats supported are hsbs/htab (because they are plain h264, really)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I deleted all my MVC files, but MrMC used to play them back in 2D with just the main eye stream shown. I can re-rip one to test again.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Nah. MVC needs:
- some demuxer magic
- a decoder

The demuxer part we can do, but there is no decoders in ffmpeg, afaik

As MVC is a h264 2D frame + extensions for the second eye, plain h264 decoders will indeed decode it as 2D

I'll check whether ffmpeg added it but i highly doubt it.

Might be that ATV has a HW decoder, don't know. I know that amlogic soc's (mi box, aftv3) support it, but no clue whether it's exposed to mediacodec.

EDIT: Nope: https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/m ... late.c#L63
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Going through my old posts if I had 'MVC' in the filename it would playback properly in 2D. If I had 'SBS' in my filename (what I needed previously for playing back on a RPi with Kodi v15) then it would do a weird zoom.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=115&p=1483&hilit=MVC#p1483
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Well, MVC files are not SBS/TAB.

If you put "SBS" in the filename, MrMC assumes a 1920x1080 frame is actually 2 frames of 960x1080 (left & right of 3D) glued together (eg http://www.multipelife.com/wp-content/u ... -movie.jpg )

As MVC is decoded as 2D, a 1920x1080 frame is the full left eye, so MrMC is confused, indeed.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

koying wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 15:58 Well, MVC files are not SBS/TAB.
I think we all understand the differences in the files, but it's how to get MrMC to playback MVC in 2D. MVC files with MVC in the filename played back properly in 2D in the past in MrMC. That's all I'm trying to show.