1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Issue when adjusting display rate

tvOS Video playback support subforum
mmihai

Issue when adjusting display rate

Post by mmihai »

Hi

I am using ATV 4K with Mrmc. When selecting the option to "adjust display rate", then the video file is automatically fast forwarding when opened.

Notes:
- 100% this is not because of accidental swipes; I used also a normal remote, same issue appears.
- When deselecting the option - the issue disappears.
- The amount of forward seeking is variable - 10 minutes for longer samples, couple of seconds for shorter ones.

debuglog: https://pastebin.com/T0FFpUKV

Thanks for any idea on how to fix this!
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Issue when adjusting display rate

Post by davilla »

something told it to seek;
DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 15979.000000 (ms)

How long is your display timeout on adjusting display ?
mmihai

Post by mmihai »

Hi
1. It is set at 4 sec - the default value.

What I also tried (no change means there is an automated seek after switching the refresh rate). I used the TV remote - non-touch - to control ATV (through CEC)

1 - reset MRMC video / audio playback to default - no change
2 - disabled ARC - no change.
3 - used SMB / NFS and both option (libsmbx and the other one) - no change
4 - reset ATV video and audio settings to default - no change
5 - set ATV to 4K / 1080p / HDR / SDR - no change.
6 - set the TV to game mode - no change.
7 - used various file types / containers: x264 / x265 in mp4 / m2ts / mkv - no change.
8 - disabled CEC on TV and ATV - no change.
---
9 - Disabled "match frame rate" in ATV while option enabled in MRMC- perfect result, no seek.

The seek value _appears_ to be cca 10% the length of video file played, capped at 10 minutes.
mmihai

Post by mmihai »

some more findings:

1 - if the "always adjust display rate" option is not selected, then ATV will not switch from HDR to SDR (for SDR sources), even if "Match Range" is selected in tvos (11.2 here).

2 - if VTB is selected, then the colors for SDR material are washed out; if VTB is not selected then the colors are correct.

I used Infuse as a control test - no issues on playback / switching / colors - this is to eliminate culprits such as bad cable / TV issues. Something is wrong with my setup and I cannot figure what it is :cry:

___
Later edit: if I set the apple tv to resolutions other than 1080p and 4k, such as 720p, 1050p, 900p, then the issue is gone.
mmihai

Post by mmihai »

just to provide some closure: I found the issue in the end :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

mmihai wrote: 03 May 2018, 19:22 just to provide some closure: I found the issue in the end :)
well do tell what it was!
mmihai

Post by mmihai »

I took the batteries out of the TV smart remote (Samsung MU 6300) and then the issue disappeared.

I put the batteries back - the seek issue was back. So Davilla was right - someone was telling it to seek :). That remote is sending an "up" when playing a video, which explains the 10 minutes search.