1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dual layer DV rips play in SDR

tvOS Video playback support subforum
FranknStein7

Dual layer DV rips play in SDR

Post by FranknStein7 »

I've noticed that my DV uhd rips play in SDR in MrMC. I realize dual layer DV playback is not supported, but ideally these titles would fallback to HDR10. When you rip DV uhd titles, there is an additional 1080p HEVC stream that presumably contains some of the DV metadata. I've been including both the main 4k HEVC stream and this 1080p stream in my MKVs for now. I'm guessing that MrMC is getting thrown off by the 1080p stream. If I remove that 1080p stream from the MKV, the titles play back in HDR10. It would be nice if MrMC could 'ignore' that 1080p stream and play back these rips in HDR10.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Dual layer DV rips play in SDR

Post by davilla »

debuglog and mediainfo please. I'd ask for a sample but these things are HUGE and my pipe is slow.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

We really really need Dual-Layer DV support soon :) No other player can do it except the overexpensive Oppo :( Man that would really boost the Apple machine.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

We need dual-layer DV Suppport more than ever! No mediaplayer can do it except the Oppo 203 and even the UHD Disc-players mostly cant do it. We need the good stuff now!
It HAS to be a priority :)

We need a mediaplayer for DV now!
costaud

Post by costaud »

DV inside mkv files is not possible, I think there is a solution by supporting Full UHD structure support ( BDMV folder) like with oppo ;)
By renaming BDMV folder to AVCHD and using bdmv modifier 2.0 ;)
But does Apple TV can support full UHD structure ???