1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Playback is freezing/ sometimes buffering

tvOS Video playback support subforum
pauabaer

Playback is freezing/ sometimes buffering

Post by pauabaer »

Hi guys,
finally i bought a ATV4K and now i set it up.

Because i am a former Kodi-User and do have other clients in my network, i use a MySQL-Database. So far so good. Today i was trying to play some videofiles. But everytime the playback stops/ is freezing. SOmetimes it is buffering and after a while the video starts again (but only for short).

Thats why i activated the debug log. Here is what mrmc detected: https://pastebin.com/agH5Rqqd

Seems that i have problems with the database. But its strange, because my other Kodi-Clients in my network do not have this issue.

Do you know something about this? Thanks for your support.

pauabaer
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Playback is freezing/ sometimes buffering

Post by davilla »

Seems to have lost connect to your mysql database right after finishing a videoscan while you are playing something.

I'd try to isolate playing from video scanning. Let videoscaning finish before trying to play something.
pauabaer

Post by pauabaer »

How do I have to do this?

Refreshing database disable?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

yes. turn off any auto db refresh. force quit app, start it again.
pauabaer

Post by pauabaer »

unfortunatly nothing has changed. i have the same connection error.."MYSQL Server has gone": https://pastebin.com/cGXBArze

when the scanning process is not the reason, then what else could it be?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Does your mysql server sleep or spin down it's disks ?

Both Amet and I run mysql setups and we have never had an issue with connections to the mysql server dropping unless the actual server disappears.

Same computer as your nfs server ? At 192.168.178.35 ?
pauabaer

Post by pauabaer »

davilla wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 13:23 Does your mysql server sleep or spin down it's disks ?
The MySQL Server is installed on a Synology Diskstation. Only at night the disks are spinning down.
davilla wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 13:23 Same computer as your nfs server ? At 192.168.178.35 ?
Yes. This is my Diskstation IP.
I disabled the packages MariaDB and phpAdmin on my Diskstation. After this it seems to be better. Now its not freezing and i have to cut MrMC, now its only buffering. But that could not be the solution..

I have looked in the phpAdmin on the webaccess. My account allows every host (%). I have read, that some people have a similar issue, and they have said that it would work if you change to localhost. i think i have to try this.

I really want to get this fixed because i like your app on my ATV4. I have tried the plexservice, but it seems that plex does not support DTS audio..
pauabaer

Post by pauabaer »

Changing the host to localhost was not succesful. still buffering / freezing my videofiles after a while.

i do not know what to do now. any other help?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

debuglog again
pauabaer

Post by pauabaer »

Sorry, i switched to the Plexserver Client. My DB is not that big, so I can setup my media manually in Plex and go on with that. Until now I really like the ability with Plex. But what i really like to know is: can you rename the source from my Plexserver? i always see a long name "Plex(o) - NAS - Movies". Is it possible to only show "Movies"?