1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio with 5.1

tvOS Video playback support subforum
vandemaar

Re: Audio with 5.1

Post by vandemaar » 30 Mar 2016, 21:17

Hi,

I have no passthrough on a Marantz NR1606 - only static. Does not work with Infuse either.

/vandemaar

HoIger

Post by HoIger » 24 Apr 2016, 15:16

Just wanted to let you know that I connected my ATV to my Denon receiver only to find out that 5.1 pass through produced only static noise in MrMC. Movies from iTunes worked fine though. I solved this issue by disabling "Reduce Loud Sounds" in the Audio and Video settings on the ATV.

osohardy

Post by osohardy » 05 May 2016, 17:34

I recently replaced my receiver with Denon X1200W and I am now experiencing borked passthrough with surround and only get static as well with dolby or dts. If I switch to stereo AAC track I get sound but it is distorted. I always have ATV settings "reduce loud sounds" OFF, audio "auto (now called best quality)", and of course passthrough enabled, dolby/dts capable enabled in MrMc. My old receiver was a Pioneer VSX 1020 and worked completely fine with dolby/dts passthrough. Unfortunately I cannot use MrMC at all right now. The native apple player or any app that uses it, which decodes dolby and passes PCM still works fine in my new setup.

I experience the same issue with Infuse app with passthrough-- and the Infuse team were able to replicate the issue with Denon/Marantz receivers as well on their end--there is a huge thread about it on their forum. Ultimately after some months they went the route of decoding in app and passing PCM ( the Pro version of Infuse is also a licensed decoder of dts-hd/trued). This works great. The way they described the issue seemed to be both apple TV hdmi out restrictions and chipset differences among receivers created a headache with passthrough. Do you have a Denon/marantz to replicate?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 05 May 2016, 17:42

Yes, I have both a Denon AVR-1912 (works) and a Denon AVR-W3200 (does not work). It's really a Denon issue as their 3200 and below (including Marantz clones) refuse to recognize PCM encapsulated IEC passthrough. Really pissed me off as I spent a grand to get the new Denon to replace the old one.

We have something in the works to resolve it, not ready yet.