1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Recorded TV playback issue

tvOS Video playback support subforum
Jetbootjack

Recorded TV playback issue

Post by Jetbootjack »

Hi,

I use dvblink to record tv - and watch the material back on my ATV in MrMC - but I have encountered a playback problem.

I record PAL broadcasts and the replay in MrMC is juddery if I set my ATV to auto resolution and frame rate, I see the constant judder - if I force my ATV to 1080p 50hz the video is smooth. The juddering is only really noticeable on sports material (like F1) where there lots of long panning shots that accentuate the problem.

If I play back the recording in other apps like dvblink theatre or infuse the recording looks smooth if I set my ATV to auto resolution and frame rate or force my ATV to 1080p 50hz.

It appears as if MrMC is not forcing the ATV to display the correct frame rate for the video whereas other video players do?

Is there some internal MrMC setting I need to select to make this issue evaporate?

sTeVE
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Recorded TV playback issue

Post by davilla »

debuglog please
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

There is no API to do display switching on the AppleTV4, so auto in the AppleTV4 settings just means auto when it detects a display.

How does playback look if you play the recorded video over a filesystem rather than via pvr/recorded (assuming that's the way you are playing it in MrMC).
Jetbootjack

Post by Jetbootjack »

Yes I was playing back the video as a recording from the PVR backend in MrMC.

The same file played back in VLC as a regular video file on the same Apple TV looks fine.

sTeVE
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

try as regular video file in MrMC and see it that has same behavior.
Jetbootjack

Post by Jetbootjack »

Jetbootjack

Post by Jetbootjack »

I have played a file in MrMC as a regular video and it displays the same judder...

Again fixed by forcing the ATV to 50hz - but does not display smoothly with auto setting in MrMC.

sTeVE
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

any reason why you are still on tvOS 9.1 ?

need Debug enabled too, see debuglog

want to see playback of a recorded item, over normal file system, NOT via pvr. This narrows down where it look.
Jetbootjack

Post by Jetbootjack »

Oops my bad - trying again - https://pastebin.com/TNGPET9M

I am on tvOS 10.2...

I have played the video as a file in MrMC rather than from the PVR recordings TV menu it displays the same issues of judder wherever I play it inside MrMC - plays just fine in VLC/Infuse or in MrMC if I force 50hz

sTeVE
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

debuglog, see step 1, that turns up the debug log level.