1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Missing file support

tvOS Video playback support subforum
Premium

Missing file support

Post by Premium »

Will there be support for iso,img and video_ts files in the future?? I have a lot of old files that is not supported by MrMC. I dont have the time to convert all these files, and will hang on to my mini running kodi until support for dvd files is working.

Keep up the good work!!!
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Missing file support

Post by davilla »

Premium wrote:Will there be support for iso,img and video_ts files in the future?? I have a lot of old files that is not supported by MrMC. I dont have the time to convert all these files, and will hang on to my mini running kodi until support for dvd files is working.

Keep up the good work!!!
ios/img and video_tv support was removed, it was a big mess inside the codebase. However, there seems to be an interest in these formats so we will look at adding them back in a sane manner. BUT MrMC will never handle decrypting DVDs. That would be an instant rejection from the App Store.
Premium

Post by Premium »

You mean dvd's with region codes?? This will be a killer app with this support!! Any eta when this could be reality?

Regards!!
Italo Disco

Post by Italo Disco »

davilla wrote:ios/img and video_tv support was removed, it was a big mess inside the codebase. However, there seems to be an interest in these formats so we will look at adding them back in a sane manner. BUT MrMC will never handle decrypting DVDs. That would be an instant rejection from the App Store.
I'll second that request. Being able to play unencrypted DVD's from a VIDEO_TS folder would be a very welcome addition to MrMC.
Curt4U

Post by Curt4U »

ok, i'll be the third

PLS: iso and dvd folder
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

For me, that would be the feature (unencrypted VIDEO_TS and ISO support) above all others that I'd like to see.
To be honest, I expected that they would be have been supported (as they are on Kodi) but I appreciate how much work must go into what's been done so far.
So I'll keep looking out for the updates with fingers crossed.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Yorkie wrote:For me, that would be the feature (unencrypted VIDEO_TS and ISO support) above all others that I'd like to see.
To be honest, I expected that they would be have been supported (as they are on Kodi) but I appreciate how much work must go into what's been done so far.
So I'll keep looking out for the updates with fingers crossed.
unencrypted VIDEO_TS and ISO support will be in the 1st 2.x version.
Premium

Post by Premium »

IMG??
shadow.jedi

Post by shadow.jedi »

Looking forward to video_ts :mrgreen:
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

dvd in iso/img is working in the future 2.x series. that leaves raw video_ts support, thus the poll.

Raw video_ts is harder as libdvdnav does not have a true vfs support and we are looking into ways to resolve that issue.

Kodi/ATV4 has it but it uses a special alias wrapping of system file i/o to get vfs support. For App Store submission, we must compile with embedded bitcode and alias wrapping is not supported with embedded bitcode.