1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Surround Center-sound out of wrong speaker

tvOS Video playback support subforum
Fero1233

Re: Surround Center-sound out of wrong speaker

Post by Fero1233 »

The app has now updatet to 2.2 - but now the sound is in the left rear speaker instead.

So still fail/wrong...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

see other threads and report details please.
Fero1233

Post by Fero1233 »

Details is, as in the first post i did. Other then the center-speaker sound is no longer i the rear right speaker - it is now comming from the rear left speaker.
eurisko

Post by eurisko »

I'm having the same issue with version 2.3. Except when I have pass through enabled I have no sound at all, just an audio 'click' as the movie starts. On PCM the center channel is playing through the front right speaker.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

eurisko wrote:I'm having the same issue with version 2.3. Except when I have pass through enabled I have no sound at all, just an audio 'click' as the movie starts. On PCM the center channel is playing through the front right speaker.
email mrmc.log with debug enabled to [email protected] with description of your setup.
nojstevens

Post by nojstevens »

I had this issue before but it has come back with tvOS 12.2 (16L5181f). I have HDMI to my LG C8 and then optical to my Sonos 5.1 system. On all DTS and AC3 files, the center channel is coming out of my left surround speaker. If I switch to Infuse to play the same media then it plays ok.

I have tried several files and have removed and re-installed the app but the issue remains.

I've seen some posts on here that have a similar problem but can't find a definitive answer. I am somewhat sure that it broke with 12.2 but I may be wrong.

Right now I'm having to use Infuse (which is not as good!) and I want my MrMC back!

Any ideas?

Jon
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

nojstevens wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 16:48 I had this issue before but it has come back with tvOS 12.2 (16L5181f). I have HDMI to my LG C8 and then optical to my Sonos 5.1 system. On all DTS and AC3 files, the center channel is coming out of my left surround speaker. If I switch to Infuse to play the same media then it plays ok.

I have tried several files and have removed and re-installed the app but the issue remains.

I've seen some posts on here that have a similar problem but can't find a definitive answer. I am somewhat sure that it broke with 12.2 but I may be wrong.

Right now I'm having to use Infuse (which is not as good!) and I want my MrMC back!

Any ideas?

Jon
I reported the same thing recently in another thread. I had pretty much the same setup for a couple days and also mentioned that the actual tvOS plex app didn't have the same bug.
nojstevens

Post by nojstevens »

I'm pleased to hear its not just me... interestingly I seem to get the same behavior with passthru off, yet Sonos still thinks its getting 5.1 and the channel error is still present. Issue is only with MrMC, it works ok in Infuse and Emby.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

nojstevens wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 16:34 I'm pleased to hear its not just me... interestingly I seem to get the same behavior with passthru off, yet Sonos still thinks its getting 5.1 and the channel error is still present. Issue is only with MrMC, it works ok in Infuse and Emby.
Looks like this problem is getting fixed in latest testflights. Maybe you should try to join?
nojstevens

Post by nojstevens »

Thanks for the update, pleased it is identified and getting fixed too :)

Jon