1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New kid on the block

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
pecinko

New kid on the block

Post by pecinko »

I was wondering where have you been guys :)

Nice to see you are stripping unnecessary parts of XBMC/KODI and improving it further. I wonder what are your mid/long term plans. I'm hopping for centralized, iTunes-like library that can be easily managed and used by all clients.

Anyhow, good luck with the project!

PS: Any plans on Apple TV like skin after things settle a bit? :)
amet
Team MrMC

Re: New kid on the block

Post by amet »

Maybe :)
PlatypusW

Post by PlatypusW »

I agree, I've been wanting an iOS (and now tvos) version of xbmc/Kodi for a long time. Something that was at its core xbmc in terms of database but had the feel of an iOS app.

Xbmc/Kodi on a jailbroken device is great, but feels clunky and 'foreign' to properly use.
There are some apps that exist I suppose, for example infuse, but I've never been able to bring myself to use it, it just felt like it was missing something - there wasn't much customizability for my liking either, I feel this first build of MrMc on iOS is already ahead in some regards to that.

I can't wait to see what can happen in the long term if you guys continue with this :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

We defiantly have plans to remove the clunky and 'foreign' feel and get back to something that mortals understand and can actually use everyday. Skin is defiantly targeted too, both for tvOS and iOS.
clairebear

Post by clairebear »

davilla wrote:We defiantly have plans to remove the clunky and 'foreign' feel and get back to something that mortals understand and can actually use everyday. Skin is defiantly targeted too, both for tvOS and iOS.
It does not feel as chunky as kodi on my fire tv, Which i passed down to family member.... Infact it feels a breeze and really smooth throughout whole experience and I don't like android.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

"Clunky and foreign feel" is probably solvable with a simple skin, getting rid of unnecessary things and keeping useful ones visible instead of hidden. Most of KODI skins are designed by HTPC nerds for HTPC nerds.

"Everyday use" is a bit different beast though, at least in my case. I'm listening to my music at work, home on a several devices and on a business trips. I have a similar situation with videos, but in addition, I'm transferring some of them to iPad so they are available for kids when we go on longer trips.

I don't care about transcoding or add-ons but I need a central place to put my media, manage them in a logical way and play them from there on a phone, iPad or a notebook.

I hope you find this feedback useful in case you decide to expand on KODI's current "NAS to local player" decentralized approach.
joshy123

Post by joshy123 »

Now that the first release is over will you be increasing the testflight users for the next big release? More users the more bug squishing will happen
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

joshy123 wrote:Now that the first release is over will you be increasing the testflight users for the next big release? More users the more bug squishing will happen
Not over till the fat lady sings (Apple review). But in answer to your question, maybe. We have just not thought that far yet.
joshy123

Post by joshy123 »

davilla wrote:
joshy123 wrote:Now that the first release is over will you be increasing the testflight users for the next big release? More users the more bug squishing will happen
Not over till the fat lady sings (Apple review). But in answer to your question, maybe. We have just not thought that far yet.
which kodi code is mrmc based on? 15, 16 ?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

joshy123 wrote:
davilla wrote:
which kodi code is mrmc based on? 15, 16 ?
16b2, compatible with 15.2 databases.