1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Synology Video Station

Crap that doesn't belong anywhere else
logan_x50

Synology Video Station

Post by logan_x50 » 27 Jul 2016, 18:39

https://www.synology.com/en-uk/dsm/app_ ... deoStation

Synology now have an android client for their video station.

My perfect set-up would look like this:-
use video station as a shared library manager
use video station to manage multiple profiles i.e. kids profile library and grown ups library
no transcoding from synology rubbish. use the horses in the fire tv/fire stick to playback

i've no complaints about how i work today. library from synology is NFS share. works great. i know i can set up a shared mySQL but its a pain but i am managing local mysql library across 5 clients and 2 profiles on each account

WDYT?

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Synology Video Station

Post by davilla » 27 Jul 2016, 19:35

they have some docs to describe their API or would it be hunt and peck like for plex :)

timstephens24

Re: Synology Video Station

Post by timstephens24 » 27 Jul 2016, 20:13

It's not a good player, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. It's not good on scraping so you always have to go in to fix new items or items that just lost its metadata. It also transcodes a lot more than Plex, so that's a huge negative.

Plex on a Synology to MrMC is a way better solution, since 95% of my items (I have a pretty big library) doesn't need to be transcoded / plays properly (stupid VC-1).