1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Its all gone quiet

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
logan_x50

Its all gone quiet

Post by logan_x50 » 05 Oct 2018, 17:05

So, what's happening in MrMC land? It seems to have gone awfully quiet in the forum.
I'd like to share some thoughts:-
1) I'm surprised the 3.7 release was a little low key from the home-page perspective. Ariana skin is a huge change for the better imo and its a little hidden away without even the usual release blurb in the hompage (you only find the announcement from the "Recent Posts" top right of page)
2) I was thinking about Ariana improvements adding a dedicated "recently added" shortcut so i can see beyond the ariana hompage half dozen or so but then i noticed you can order your media listing to "date added" so i can see all my latest media from newest to oldest. Fantastic!
3) I seem to be getting occurrences where I see "database migration in progress" when starting MrMC even though there hasn't been an update. I think its either down to the database being unavailable due to nas been in sleep mode or maybe because ATV doesn't allow you to properly "quit" the MrMC application, so MrMC has never been through the full upgrade cycle?
4) Still hate the TV "recently added" shows before the Movie Recently Added. The screenshot example in the announcement displays the problem https://mrmc.tv/2018/09/07/mrmc-3-7-0/ . because you are likely to add an entire tv series rather than random tv episode across multiple series you end up with a row of the same thumbnail. just a bit ugly but there's a strong possibility i need to get over it.
Anyway, i hope the activity across MrMC forum topics perks up again soon. I'd love to hear what the dev team were up to. "Excelsior!"

jabohn

Re: Its all gone quiet

Post by jabohn » 05 Oct 2018, 17:35

logan_x50 wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 17:05
3) I seem to be getting occurrences where I see "database migration in progress" when starting MrMC even though there hasn't been an update. I think its either down to the database being unavailable due to nas been in sleep mode or maybe because ATV doesn't allow you to properly "quit" the MrMC application, so MrMC has never been through the full upgrade cycle?
I get this often too and at least in some of my cases it was because my server was unavailable when the app was loading (for some reason). Why the message says "migrating" I don't know, but it has been talked about.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Its all gone quiet

Post by amet » 05 Oct 2018, 18:55

"database migration in progress" is there cos in normal circumstances you don't see it for too long, only when database is being updated... if your database sever is fast enough you will see it for a second.. if its slow, it will stay on for a bit longer.