1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMc and Logitech remote

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
dubstastic

MrMc and Logitech remote

Post by dubstastic »

Hey guys,

I am using MrMc on apple tv with my logitech harmony ultimate and it works fine.
However, functionality is very limited. I can go up/down/select/back etc... and that's pretty much it.

Is there a way to get more functionality out of the romote? ie Guide / DVR / numberpad?

Is this even a MrMc issue or is it an Apple TV issue?

Thanks in advance!
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMc and Logitech remote

Post by davilla »

dubstastic wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 23:36 Hey guys,

I am using MrMc on apple tv with my logitech harmony ultimate and it works fine.
However, functionality is very limited. I can go up/down/select/back etc... and that's pretty much it.

Is there a way to get more functionality out of the romote? ie Guide / DVR / numberpad?

Is this even a MrMc issue or is it an Apple TV issue?

Thanks in advance!
The normal appletv/IR remote (like logitech harmony ) is limited to a small set of standard operations.

MrMC does support bluetooth keyboards like the Apple Magic Keyboards. These have a larger selection of operations tied to keyboard keys,

I'm not sure there's a way to have a logitech harmony emulate a bluetooth keyboard.
dubstastic

Re: MrMc and Logitech remote

Post by dubstastic »

Thanks for your reply. I did try adding an apple Bluetooth keyboard to my Logitech devices but I couldn't find the right device.

The other issue, is because the remote is controlling Apple TV and not the app, even if I could add the device, I cant see where to tell logitech that the keyboard is controlling the Apple TV (that made sense in my head).

I tried adding a pc as I did with the regular HTPC and the activity doesnt know that I want to use pc to control the apple tv.
again, that made sense in my head.