1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

YESSSSSS tvOS 12!

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
cosmoxl

YESSSSSS tvOS 12!

Post by cosmoxl »

Public beta released today and glory hallelujah HDR>SDR tonemapping is back!!!!!

Also interesting is that Netlfix is showing their Dolby Vision content as HD DV 5.1, which makes it look like they'll serve it up to me same as they do on iPad Pro (i.e. not 4k but still DV) since it'll just tonemap. But, the info shown when I actually play is just HD. Maybe that's coming, or maybe just bugs to work out.
cosmoxl

Re: YESSSSSS tvOS 12!

Post by cosmoxl »

One problem with the tonemapping is that it makes bright oranges too red.

A good example of this is in the sony camping video where the closeup of the burning fire looks too red, and the closeup of the couple at the very end shows the man's orange jacket slightly too reddish.

These color problems are very similar to that which I see using plex media player configuring it to use hable tonemapping.

I'm comparing the colors to those that I get with my Oppo UDP-203 when it's tonemapping.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Just get a 4K tv already lol
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

timstephens24 wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 02:45 Just get a 4K tv already lol
Just seems a big waste of money when our current TV is still awesome for what it is. For now I'll tonemap. :)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

You lose all the greatness of HDR with tonemapping, so you get no awesomeness.